Brodus Clay Push Put On Hold

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
According to PWTorch, the "Funkasaurus" Brodus Clay has been put on hold because Vince McMahon believes he needs to improve on the quality of his in-ring work. Brodus has been wrestling matches for the Smackdown tapings, but his segments have been relegated to dark matches in recent weeks.

I do agree he needs to improve on the quality of his in-ring work, as he only has about 4-5 moves and his finisher sucks.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
That usually means they'll carry the company for a few years. But I've never seen anything from Clay that would make me want to watch him.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Sure, and I guess that's why Swagger has been put on hold, because he needs to improve his ring work. :JC:

He's been put on hold because they're almost at WrestleMania and they're trying to set up all the important programs. It was inevitable that it was going to happen to him. Brodus is fine in the ring, everything he does is smooth. Of course he doesn't have many moves right now because the whole point is that he's a powerhouse who destroys people. He hasn't had stiff enough competition to break out more moves.

Reaction score
His in-ring work is terrible, but they need to schedule the match better. Brodus is always on offense and I have never seen him on defense. While he does bring out the humor quality in wrestling, I just can't see him contending for titles when he doesn't have too much variety. Eventually watching him wrestle will just get very old fast.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Eh, did the guys not watch his stint on SmackDown with Del Rio against Ege & Christian? He looked a perfectly fine worker and had a good share of moves aswell.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Brodus Clay as Funkasaurus was only good and entertaining for the first couple weeks and then I started getting sick of it, his move set sucked too.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
So apparently he needs to work on his wrestling ability so they stop his push a few weeks after it started. What do the news sites think he was doing when his debut was delayed for months? Just sitting at home doing nothing or just working on his dance moves. As Dale said when Brodus was with Del Rio he showed that he could work. The issue isn't his ability it is the ridiculous gimmick he has.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
He's been put on hold because they're almost at WrestleMania and they're trying to set up all the important programs. It was inevitable that it was going to happen to him.

This is what is REALLY happening. I ain't believing this half ass two sentence report just so a dirtsheet can shove their own reason in our face.

It's hard to even judge someone inside the ring in squashes anyways. I'll wait for him to actually do something before I call him straight up awful with no real basis.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
i was kinda getting tired of the funkasurus,but wwe knew what his abilities were,why redebut him if they didnt like him?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
It still bothers me to why WWE has high hopes for him still, put him on hold and push Riley and some other guys, focus on them. They're a lot better then Brodus will ever be. They could do so much for other guys instead of focusing on a big guy like Brodus.

Reaction score
It still bothers me to why WWE has high hopes for him still, put him on hold and push Riley and some other guys, focus on them. They're a lot better then Brodus will ever be. They could do so much for other guys instead of focusing on a big guy like Brodus.

WWE has no clue on how to boost younger talent

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins

Riley is too green. I wouldn't mind seeing Ted DiBiase get pushed and do a feud with Cody and then eventually win the IC title off him then Rhodes can go into the WHC picture.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Brodus did look good before he went away to be repackaged. WWE just ruined him by delaying his debut for a couple of months and by giving him this midcard gimmick. I agree that someone like Riley should be given a renewed push but I don't mind them pushing Brodus as well if they give him the right gimmick.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Brodus Clay Deemed "Reckless & Unsafe" By McMahon

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Brodus Clay's removal from WWE TV is indeed due to the fact that Vince McMahon feels his ring work needs improvement.

Furthermore, it's being said that McMahon feels Clay is both "unsafe and reckless" in the ring, and he has mandated that Clay not return to action until his ring work improves.

McMahon's views on ring safety have raised some eyebrows in WWE, however, as some feel it's odd that McMahon is preaching that Clay be kept off TV while he works on his skills, however he allowed both Mark Henry and Cody Rhodes to compete on Monday night as both are currently hurt. No word on when WWE intends to have Clay return to TV.

Brodus Clay To Return in 2 Weeks?
Take it for what it's worth, but several readers have sent in word that they were able to catch up with Brodus Clay in the parking lot following the live Smackdown special last night, and he claimed that he will be returning to WWE TV in 2 weeks.

After seeing a few of his matches, I do think he hasn't got a good move set and that the splash he done on Regal back on SmackDown a while ago did look sloppy. But then again, he was only really used for his dancing gimmick so his wrestling doesn't matter that much but we don't know it all so I'm sure Vince knows what he is doing.