SmackDown Live Brock Lesnar WWE Summerslam Return a Last-Minute Political Deal - WON

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
les.jpeg

Brock Lesnar's appearance at the end of WWE SummerSlam was a last-minute deal and one partially made to appease one of their major broadcast partners, according to Dave Meltzer in this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Lesnar appeared after Universal Champion Roman Reigns' victory over John Cena in last Saturday's main event. Meltzer said that it was confirmed by those closest to the situation that "it was literally a last minute deal that was put together for a number of reasons, all in some form related to Fox, CM Punk showing up in AEW and John Cena leaving."

Noting Punk's positive relationship with Fox from the WWE Backstage days, Meltzer said the network was upset at WWE for not making a big offer to Punk to keep him from going to AEW and that politically, WWE "felt the need to get Lesnar and (Becky) Lynch to SmackDown right away."

"The situation with Fox and WWE is always up and down with the key being that Fox's SmackDown is used to promote Peacock, the streaming service of NBCU, particularly since Fox has its own streaming services they are rolling out," he wrote.

Lynch also returned at SummerSlam and won the SmackDown Women's title in a surprise. While her return to WWE was never in doubt, Meltzer said, "as always, Lesnar's timing got him an even better deal."

Friday's SmackDown is expected to give a better indication as to when the Reigns vs. Lesnar match will take place, either in Saudi Arabia or further down the promotional schedule.
Just as I expected. CM Punk debuts, Fox panics and asks WWE to rush Becky back and open the purse for Brock.

Dave also said some hilarious shit about Brock not being in shape when I personally think Brock looks great.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah I thought brock looked the same as always that's just Dave being Dave imo. Seems like Bex was mostly planned but brock once again fleeced Vince for every penny. Brock should be an agent

Reactions: Vegeta

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yeah I thought brock looked the same as always that's just Dave being Dave imo. Seems like Bex was mostly planned but brock once again fleeced Vince for every penny. Brock should be an agent
It was and it wasn't. From everything I can tell her return was going to be for the draft.

Nothing that says that specifically, but a lot of reports were saying her return was planned for after Labor Day.

Either way, Brock got PAID so they can have that big star return to try to steal some of Punk's shine. Good for Brock making coin.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon