Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir is off.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTG

Reaction score
I heard about this last night but there were also reports that it was still going on. As of now im guessing it's canceled, kinda sucks because ufc 98 tickets went on sale today. Anyways i was thinking they could either have GSP vs Alves at this PPV and give mir more time to rest until ufc 100 or they'll have someone replace him. IMO the winner of Gonzaga/Carwin today definitely won't be ready for ufc 98 so i'd say they would give Kongo a title shot or they could have him fight Nogueira which is think would be stupid seeing as how Nogueiras fighting couture at ufc 101

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Have they ever cancelled such a big match before and offered no replacement?

Seems far more likely to me that they'll just feed Lesnar some scrub for the fight and hold off on Lesnar/Mir for later.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I mean, Dana White is the new Vince McMahon, right? What better way to tell a story and put some asses in the seats than having Lesnar unify the titles against some jobber only to have Mir come back later on and say that Lesnar never beat him.

That probably would outsell even thecurrent match up.

MTG

Reaction score
Yea but ufc 98 is a pretty weak card right now the Second Main event is Matt Hughes vs Matt serra (two washed up old guys) and adding cheick Kongo or some other shitty HW would be very bad for PPV sales.

xtremebadass

I am not surprised they didn't replace Mir. It wouldn't make sense and it wouldn't be fair. Mir is the top guy as Interim champ, Brock has to defend his belt against the number one guy and with Mir being Interim Champ, Brock can't fight anyone until the real champ is settled. So I guess this will take place later this year. UFC 98 sucks lol.

xtremebadass

They can't feed Lesnar no "jobber" in the MMA world just to fill time, this isn't wrestling. If they would fight Lesnar it would have to be for the title and all the title shot worthy guys are by far no MMA scrub, but like I said Lesnar won't fight anyone until Mir.

RAMPAGE

Reaction score
Well UFC 100 is a better choice for their fight i think. The card looks awesome for now..

We have GSP (c) vs Thiago Alves, Dan Henderson vs Michael Bisping, Jon Fitch vs Paulo Thiago, Stephan Bonnar vs Mark Coleman... Jon Jones & Stun Gun are back as well.. and of course the MAIN EVENT Lesnar vs Mir 2.. it's gonna be a huge card!

TeamPunishment0

Reaction score
ufc 100 will be a great card with lesnar mir 2 on it. i just hope brock has been training more bjj or else he will get submitted again i think early

Status
Not open for further replies.