Brock Lesnar Negotiating With WWE To Appear At WrestleMania 28

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Considering he is the second biggest star of the past post Brock era by a landslide, yeah. He was over, a massive draw, and a true 1B to Cena which Punk hasn't proven to be full time yet and Randy has always failed at. He has always been the draw to carry SD too since he kept the ratings highs when they were losing markets and whole Rey, Edge, and Taker were all hurt. I mean people tuned in for him versus Khali, MVP, Morrison, and Elijah Burke for weeks on end at one point. And unlike Cena, the fans never turned on him until he decided to go heel by stomping Rey. He even holds the record rating for Raw on Spike TV when he signed that contract to fight HHH.

Plus he could cut a promo when he left. boy could he cut a promo. I love that hugging fat girls and kissing babies line.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He was over back then and I agree that he was second to Cena at the time but we haven't really heard anything from him the past few years. He has been out of the public eye unlike someone like Lesnar who became even more popular in UFC and was their biggest box office draw. I fear that because he has been out of the limelight for so long that the fan reaction won't be as big.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Jericho just came back to a solid reaction and Dave was a bigger star and far more credible, same can be said for Nash and Booker who were gone for far longer. We are talking about a guy who main evented Mania in title matches as a face multiple times, was champ of both brands, part of Evolution, tag champs with Rey, and the hottest heel the company has had in years when he left. People will react to him.

Much like Brock as well he made the cut for WWE 12 which seems to now have been foreshadowing on WWEs part

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jericho will always get a huge pop on his returns. Brock will get a bigger response than Batista. I don't think a lot of people thought Brock would ever come back to the WWE. Batista always had that going for him. IMO, I thought Batista was to old to go right into MMA. But he does have some movies under his belt, so he has that going for him. But I'm sure the WWE will open their wallet for both of them. Which is saying a lot about their future. They really don't have a lot of faith in their current roster.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Well no matter when Brock returns, his return must start off with his theme playing. I wanna hear the pop when the fans hear the theme. He needs to return after HHH vs Taker, and just as someone said, seeds for HHH vs HBK and Taker vs Brock would be planted.

As for Batista, I'd actually dig Batista ruining the Rock vs Cena match, helping Rock win. But, Rock would be mad that he didn't win the proper way, so Cena vs Rock at Summerslam, and he'd blame Batista for ruining the "biggest match of his career", so he could maybe want to kick his ass at the next WM and tell me, isn't the sole idea of Rock vs Batista awesome? On the other hand, he'd screw Cena at the same time, so he could feud with Cena on a regular basis while Rocky's in Hollywood. That works, right?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
9/10 hours till

8487.0386b232dac044f6a7214ac0ee26a4fb.jpg

PY.

Reaction score
Thinking about it, Rock vs. Batista doesn't sound bad at all. They can use the storyline where The Rock's everything Batista wanted to be and Batista's jealous etc etc.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
They can use the storyline where The Rock's everything Batista wanted to be and Batista's jealous etc etc.

My words, bro. My words.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Thinking about it, Rock vs. Batista doesn't sound bad at all. They can use the storyline where The Rock's everything Batista wanted to be and Batista's jealous etc etc.

Yep his whole anger toward Cena magnified 10 fold. There is even some scorpion king jokes to be made. And Rock is the non-PG opponent Dave wanted

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
April Fools???

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I doubt it, since it was first reported a few days ago and not today.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Still could be appearing tomorrow. The news sites never confirmed that he would be there tonight but seemed to be heavily hinting that he would appear at WM or RAW tomorrow. I hope he does appear tomorrow on RAW, I want to hear that music play again.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I didn't pay attention much to Rock/Cena as I was anticipating the return of Lesnar.

Hope it happens on Raw, especially since WWE reportedly wants to announce their WM main event for next year a year in advance.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah if WWE want to give the mainevent a year long build again it makes sense for Lesnar to get involved because there aren't many other names big enough that can carry a feud for that long.