Brock Lesnar Discussion Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Cloud said:
LOL he has no ties though. He has no other career so VKM could've played it so min that I would have have 2 PPV's in 4 and 1 RAW in 4. He's a draw but nothing without WWE! Sorry Brock!

He was a monster draw in the UFC.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Censorious said:
More importantly, how is he going to be used? He's not the heel.

Seems apparent he will be going after Cena as a face/face confrontation same as Cena/Rock. It will either wind up turning Cena heel eventually, or he will just rise above the hate yet again.

Seabs said:
He was a monster draw in the UFC.

Yea Brock sold more PPVs than anyone in UFC History.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
The reason he left WWE was mainly the schedule. Like I said, every other RAW, or something. When he's not there it'll be a Cena speech. He'll become really active for Summerslam. Who cares, he's back!! :)

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Who cares he's back is my stance as well.

ADR is back as well.. dare I say WWE is on an upswing? Wouldn't want to jinx it and/or freak anyone out with my optimism

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Censorious said:
The reason he left WWE was mainly the schedule. Like I said, every other RAW, or something. When he's not there it'll be a Cena speech. He'll become really active for Summerslam. Who cares, he's back!! :)

If I remember from his book he hated the constant travelling especially with house shows so take them out and he could work every Raw imo. Just fly out on the Saturday stay until Tuesday then he has 3 days off before traveling again dependant on where they are.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
He was shit in UFC hence the return so?????

VKM could have him on anything will be more active than Rock though.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Cloud said:

It doesn't matter if he was shit, he was a huge draw for the UFC.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
He wasn't shit in my opinion, he was champion in dominant style in his like first year? Normally it takes guys years to accumulate a style to contend with the best fighters in the world. He's a badass dude Brock. Also, he was getting $400,000 per fight in UFC reportedly, and drew hundreds of thousands of buys in their PPV's. He, is as big as The Rock in terms of a draw. He'll be treated as such don't worry.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
yeah due to WWE and he couldn't fight so imagine his draw in WWE?

Now after the big return

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Cloud said:

Shit in the UFC? Let me straighten you out brother.

He was the fucking UFC Heavyweight Champion. His ascend to the top of UFC/MMA in general was unlike anything the sport had ever seen. He beat a handful of top fighters including one of the all time greats Randy Couture to win the belt. He lost to Velasquez and Overeem, two top 3 HWs in the world, and retired. He had an intestinal infection/surgery that no athlete has ever recovered fully from. If not for the injuries/disease no telling how his UFC career would have turned out, but even with it he was far from 'shit'

Reactions: leojay

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Cloud said:
yeah due to WWE and he couldn't fight so imagine his draw in WWE?

Now after the big return

True WWE made him a star, but Brock (like Rock) took that, and made quadrupled it. Brock had a massive WWE fan base, now he has a massive UFC fan base, which is more popular to casuals in the world as wrestling isn't cool anymore. He is arguably a bigger draw than Rock.

Not sure why the thread has gone that way lol. Brock will be limited, there's no doubt about that. He'll appear next week though.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Brock was never a huge WWE draw, he drew in MMA after he flipped off the crowd because people wanted to see the arrogant guy who had everything ( the title and ability) knocked down a peg. He was an MMA heel.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
He was also a big MMA draw from the start because hardcore MMA fans were at war with casual MMA fans who loved Brock. They didn't want to see a professional wrestler having success in their sport.

The Mir/Lesnar II fight was the epitome of this. I watched the fight with a ton of people who had never cared about MMA a day in their life and just wanted to watch Brock. So many hardcore MMA fans wanted Mir to beat Lesnar. I'm pretty sure that was the most bought card in UFC history (to be fair GSP was also no the card)

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
http://gifsoup.com/view7/3575398/brock-f5-o.gif

brock-f5-o.gif

People here may like this.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
After watcing it about fifty billion times on YouTube, I'm convinced Brock will do something similar to Kane. Perhaps refer back to when Cena used to call out Brock, remember? Cena was pretty "tough" then, and then him kicking the hat towards the end made me feel he thinks John has grown "weaker".

Not sure, just a theory. He's not a heel here though and I'm convinced he'll be the megastar to turn Cena.