Brie Larson in lead for Captain Marvel

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I don't hate the choice. I was kind of hoping for Rousey though. But Brie is an awesome actress who can pull the role off.

BBtLbep.img
© Provided by Variety

After winning the best actress Oscar for “Room,” Brie Larson has her sights on another marvelous role.

Sources tell Variety Larson is in early talks to play Captain Marvel, one of Marvel’s most popular female superheroes, in an upcoming standalone film. It’s unknown where negotiations stand, but sources have told Variety that Larson is their first choice, and that she’s leaning toward playing the part.

Marvel had no comment on the story.

No director is currently on board. Marvel, however, had always planned to have an actress lined up early, with the idea of possibly introducing her in one of its upcoming films before its “Captain Marvel” movie bows.

“Inside Out” scribe Meg LeFauve and Nicole Perlman are currently writing the script, which follows Carol Danvers, an air force pilot whose DNA is fused with that of an alien during an accident. The resulting alteration imbues her with the super powers of strength, energy project and flight.

Kevin Feige is producing the pic.

Larson has been choosing both big-budget spectacles, like the upcoming “Kong: Skull Island,” and prestige films, such as “Room” and “The Glass Castle,” which she is currently filming.

She can be seen next in Ben Wheatley’s “Free Fire” opposite Armie Hammer. She is repped by WME and Authentic Talent and Literary Management.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Well I like Brie, I wonder though if she can do the action that will be needed for Captain Marvel?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I like Brie Larson too but I don't want to ruffle any feathers with that opinion so just take it with a grain of salt I guess.

Many Bothans died to bring you this Tapatalk message.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Well I like Brie, I wonder though if she can do the action that will be needed for Captain Marvel?
I thought the same thing about Scarlett and the Black Widow role.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Sounds good to me. I haven't seen Room yet so I gotta do that ASAP. A few years ago Joaquin Phoenix was in final negotiations for doctor strange and you saw what happened so I'm not gonna take this too seriously.

Last edited: