Bret Hart on Triple H: "I think Paul is a little overrated"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
deth said:
He makes some good points, I guess, but....

Pedigree > anything Punk//Mysterio

Not really, Pepsi Plunge :pity:

He is right. Triple H is overrated for sure. He is a decent talent alsa, but all that World Titles, all that Main Events is just too much for him. He is not that much good. He is not the guy who should have those. He can't thank Vince for most of that. I don't like Bret but he is right. Only thing he is false on HHH had some great matches as well. But not a great wrestler.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Leo C said:
Bret is just an old bitter mark. You know, Shawn Michaels didn't have the most varied moveset either. Does that stop him from being the greatest in-ring performer of all time? No.

Coming from the HHH mark eh? I don't think you'd have this opinion if he was talking about anyone else, well except Backlund :lol1:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Captain of Peepulation said:
Not really, Pepsi Plunge :pity:

He is right. Triple H is overrated for sure. He is a decent talent alsa, but all that World Titles, all that Main Events is just too much for him. He is not that much good. He is not the guy who should have those. He can't thank Vince for most of that. I don't like Bret but he is right. Only thing he is false on HHH had some great matches as well. But not a great wrestler.

The Pepsi plunge, whilst cool looking is a stupid move considering the amount of injury it causes to the knees. Not a move I would recommend.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Stopspot said:
The Pepsi plunge, whilst cool looking is a stupid move considering the amount of injury it causes to the knees. Not a move I would recommend.

Doing it with perfection shows that wrestler is great.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Captain of Peepulation said:
Doing it with perfection shows that wrestler is great.

Is the pepsi plunge really that innovative? It's a double underhook facebuster from the top rope. Taking a pretty normal move and doing it from the top rope is not innovating it. At least in my opinion.

PSachkovsky

The Artiste
Reaction score
I get it, some people here loves CM Punk so much that they think that Pepsi Plunge is innovative. Seriously, that's not innovative, that's just taking Triple H's Pedigree and doing it from the top rope...

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
Coming from the HHH mark eh? I don't think you'd have this opinion if he was talking about anyone else, well except Backlund :lol1:

Well, maybe I'm a bit biased here :dawg:

But still, I'm a fan of the Hitman as a performer as well, but no one can deny that these days he comes off as a bitter old man in interviews.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Bitter Hart speaks again. Just like when he questioned why Austin was ranked higher than him in wrestling history despite him being booked to beat Austin every time they wrestled (I guess Punk should also question why Cena is treated as a bigger star than him as well, eh?)

I agree that Triple H is overrated but to say he never had a great match is absurd. To say you need to be an innovator to be considered 'great' is also absurd, because as time goes on, there's not gonna be a whole lot you can do in the ring (or even outside of it) that is completely new or groundbreaking. I know Triple H wrestled The Rock for an hour in an Iron Man match, and I would rather watch that match than Bret Hart's "Restholdmania" iron man match from WM12 any day.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Never had a great match, lol..

Okay.. If HHH is overrated, Hart isn't, then? He was a great performer, nothing on that..

But this is ridiculous..