Bret Hart as WWF World Champion and maineventer.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Oh dear! Okay I except you view, you just happen to be wrong:whoo:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I always found him to be quite boring even for a technical wrestler, his matches never got me rallied me up like Nigel McGuinness, Bryan Danielson, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle can do with the exact same style, I just think Bret Hart doesn't have an edge, it's quite lacklustre...

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI Comeback of the Year (1997)
PWI Feud of the Year (1993) vs. Jerry Lawler
PWI Feud of the Year (1994) vs. Owen Hart
PWI Match of the Year (1992) vs. British Bulldog at SummerSlam
PWI Match of the Year (1996) vs. Shawn Michaels in an Iron Man match at WrestleMania XII
PWI Match of the Year (1997) vs. Steve Austin in a Submission match at WrestleMania 13
PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (1997)
PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year (1994)
PWI Stanley Weston Award (2003)
PWI ranked him #1 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the year in the PWI 500 in 1993 and 1994
PWI ranked him #4 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003
PWI ranked him #37 of the top 500 tag teams of the "PWI Years" with Jim Neidhart in 2003

Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
5 Star Match (1994) vs. Owen Hart in a cage match at SummerSlam
5 Star Match (1997) vs. Steve Austin in a Submission match at WrestleMania 13
Best Pro Wrestling Book (2007) Hitman
Best Pro Wrestling DVD (2006) Bret "Hit Man" Hart: The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be
Feud of the Year (1993) vs. Jerry Lawler
Feud of the Year (1997) with Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart, British Bulldog, and Brian Pillman vs. Steve Austin
Match of the Year (1997) vs. Steve Austin in a Submission match at WrestleMania 13
Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 1996)

Cauliflower Alley Club
Iron Mike Award (2008)

WWE Hall of Fame

Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum
Class of 2008

But again, thats your opinion. Most people regard Bret Hart as being one of the top 5 greatest of all time.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
If remove PWI out of this, knew to it's notarity of being very Kayble and generally a pile of shit, while Bret Hart is probably the most soundest worker in the ring, his execution outside of it isn't as good and really couldn't see how he got the fans rallied up apart from when he faced Austin & Owen.

Also, we both know, there is a few other names a lot more honors than Bret in what we're looking at here ^^.

I don't disagree with him being the best, but there is something lacklustre about his execution which I always found very dull in places.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If remove PWI out of this, knew to it's notarity of being very Kayble and generally a pile of shit, while Bret Hart is probably the most soundest worker in the ring, his execution outside of it isn't as good and really couldn't see how he got the fans rallied up apart from when he faced Austin & Owen.

Also, we both know, there is a few other names a lot more honors than Bret in what we're looking at here ^^.

I don't disagree with him being the best, but there is something lacklustre about his execution which I always found very dull in places.

Once again that is your opinion, most people would disagree with it as most still regard him as one of the best ever. Just like saying Ric Flair was seriously overrated is someone elses opinion, it doesn't mean they are right. It's just an opinion.

Plus, Bret Hart didn't need to cram thousands of moves to get people into his matches. Much of it was pretty tame compared to your list, but he didn't need to. Fact is, he had the IT factor that captivated people and did it with his psychology and technical prowess, is the people on your list better at doing spots and moves? Maybe, but do they have natural charisma like Bret Hart? Outside of Kurt Angle......No.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I basically agree with that, I mean there is a difference between a superstar who is larger than life, and someone who really connects with the man on the street and that what Bret was, basically his character was almost just a slightly altered version of who he was, and also quite often in wrestling less is very much more, and The Hitman was a perfect example of that.