Breakout Star of 2009?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

03mnm

Reaction score
Robert Roode - Great mic skills, decent in ring and a great Gimmick its time for Roode to take his place along side the big players in TNA.

Matt Morgan - Guy has all the tools. It just a matter of getting the gears in motion.

Jay Lethal - Jay Lethal (again). I would say he had a better 2007 then what I saw of him in 2008.

He had some momentum leaving Team 3D/X Division angle but that soon died out for me once the whole shit with Dutt & Val started, I never believed he made much of a mark in his last time holding the X Division title and now he has been somewhat pushed to the side next to the big names of this Main Event Mafia vs. Frontline feud that is going on. They need to get him involved more.

Several Knockouts - Hopefully Angelina Love, Roxxi, ODB, & maybe Cheerleader Melissa will get featured as major players in the KO Title picture.

Alex Shelley - They are giving the guy more mic time than he got in 2006 when he first became hot (good move), and right now it looks like he is a top contender to win the X Title. We'll see what happens there. I think of the Guns, Sabin is the better wrestler, but Shelley is the better personality, and that can really help him out as a singles star.

Christopher Daniels - Hopefully TNA gives us a reintroduction to arguably the greatest X Division champion ever. If I had to pick somebody I would want to take the Legend's Title from Booker, it'd be Daniels. He's a TNA Original that was with the company in its infancy, so in the eyes of the Mafia he isn't a legend, but in the eyes of TNA Fans he is, so it would be kind of an Ironic and satisfying situation.

James Storm - Beer Money & AMW are/were great, but I'd love to see Storm succeed with a big singles push. He's the man!

seX-Power

Matt Morgan, Consequences Creed and Alex Shelley should all make impacts, in any way shape or form.

C4

Breakout Stars of 2009: Alex Shelly and Christopher Daniels (If he remains under contract with the company)

Qwake

I really dont know why you all like Consequences Creed. Seriously, once Ron Killings left they found him and pretty much turned him into Killings, the only thing different is Creed has an afro and I don't think I have even seen him cut a promo which must mean he isn't to good on the mic. Creed sucks, generic black guy imo.

Yeah I think Alex Shelley will be the breakout star for the X-Division, he deserves to be, good in ring and on the mic, nothing wrong with the guy. He could make a great X-Div champ to boost his career and have some good feuds/matches.

Christopher Daniels is a guy I have wnated to get to the top of the business since I started watching TNA, he is awesome!!!

Petey Williams, I think he could be pushed a little more as a face because everytime he hits his finisher he gets huge pops, also he has started to get better on the mic and is growing a good personality. Well, he was until Scotty Steiner came along!

Could be a few others but Shelley and Daniels would be the main ones followed by maybe Petey or someone...

seX-Power

Petey Williams, I think he could be pushed a little more as a face because everytime he hits his finisher he gets huge pops, also he has started to get better on the mic and is growing a good personality. Well, he was until Scotty Steiner came along!

I read that his finisher was banned. :confused:

Beer Money Army

well tna havent made any of there own stars in 2002-2008 time.. So i don't expect a breakout star, (no one say samoa joe, because in my books he isn't a Main eventer star in tna yet.)
i'd think they will just push angle, booker t, team, rhino, nash, steiner, sting around with numerous heel/face turns a while the young guys just stay in the same spot as they left off 2008...

Axis

Nobody cares about your "books." Samoa Joe is a main eventer. AJ Styles is a main eventer. Two in six years sucks, but there are still two.

Montana

I'll go out on a limb and say Elijah Burke.

I think Alex Shelly will have a big year. I think Daniels will make a big return, then fade back to where he was before. Although I'd like to see him turn heel. A heel daniels would be sweet.

J

Breakout Star of 2009: Consequences Creed!

I agree. That's exactly who I planned on posting when I came in this thread. He got a small start in 08, but 09 looks like it will deffinitly be the year of Consequences in TNA. (>.< Wow that sounded like a cheap promo.)

Boš

Reaction score
Breakout Star of 2009: Consequences Creed and Jay Lethal

chavoheat

Reaction score
I think Morgan is going to make his way towards the main event scene before the end of 2009.

King Kearney

Reaction score
As far as a breakout star is concerned then I wouldn't really like to say but it's definitely got potential to be a very exciting year in TNA.

Creed is definitely high on my list as one to watch and I must admit I do kind of agree with Robert Roode.