Breaking the Fourth Wall

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Showstopper

The Icon That Can Still Go
Reaction score
I have noticed that already. Even in the off-topic sections. Posting in the other place felt like a literal chore, always felt like someone was just waiting to pounce on your posts and try to ruin the general vibe. Even the fan threads weren't safe from it at times. It's no wonder I got exhausted really, but discussing WWE seems to burn me out in general. I think posting little tidbits here and there is probably where I feel comfortable. Probably will just post when the bigger shows happen, as I find trying to keep up and discuss weekly a bit taxing and it stresses me out. Maybe others feel like that, too.

Completely understandable especially for anyone who posted on the other place for years like we did. Post whenever you feel like it I think is the best thing anyone can tell you. Just know that no one is judging your posts or looking to pounce on posts and nit-pick like in the past. This is a much better place, thankfully. Much better atmosphere. No pressure here.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I'm going to be real with you guys. I'm not sure if I'll be able to post on forums like these anymore. Today is the lowest I've felt in three months. For some reason whenever I interact with any sort of social media, forum or anything similar my mental health seems to deteriorate so fast. I wish I could put it in to words easier, but when I post, I imagine I'm in a crowded room and people are watching everything I say. With that comes a lot of other issues such as increased heart rate, nerves and just a general feeling of anxiety and depression which I hate to feel. I also take other people's opinions on things to heart really easily, and the slightest comment can set me off and down a spiral of just negative thoughts & sadness.

I think there's some people that aren't meant to be on social media/forums and I'm probably one of them. It's been a lot of trying to convince myself I'm okay to post with extended breaks from places like these and even posting less, and nothing seems to work. I just can't do it. I had to delete Twitter & Facebook because of how it made me feel and obsessive thoughts, and I think I need to accept forums need to go too. Real life is hard enough as it is just getting myself out more and I've been making real progress with that, but it's so difficult. I just wish I could explain it better. Last night felt great for a little while, but then it hit me all this morning and I was right back to those horrible feelings again.

Sorry to make a post like this, not trying to make this some sort of therapy session but I just hope I can maybe raise awareness to this sort of stuff and also make you understand me as a person better.

No need to apologize about making the post. I know how you feel I’ve dealt with kind of stuff before and I know that it’s no picnic. We’re all here for you whenever you feel the need to talk and get things off your chest.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
No need to apologize about making the post. I know how you feel I’ve dealt with kind of stuff before and I know that it’s no picnic. We’re all here for you whenever you feel the need to talk and get things off your chest.

People on this site already been better than the real life counsellor I had for months.

giphy.gif

Appreciate the love guys. Sometimes it feels like the whole world is against you, and then you find places like this and people that actually care, even though they don't need to. Might be a small thing, but it has made me so much more ready for this week and having to face people. Not sure how active I'll be, but it's nice to not feel pressured and like I can drop in anytime. Genuine thanks from the bottom of my heart. :cozy Getting too sappy now *leaves*

southrnbygrace

Blessed not Stressed
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
zebcoulter
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
grjovZi
We didn't really talk much at that other place, but I'm glad to see you here as well!! :)

Reactions: VENI VIDI SHIVVY

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Reactions: southrnbygrace

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
TFW :mark: As others have said only post when you feel ready. You know we will always love you dude

Reactions: DammitC