Breaking News: TNA iMPACT to move to Monday's permanetly starting March 1st

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

James Caldwell said:
A decision has been made by TNA and Spike TV to move TNA Impact permanently to Monday nights, reports the Wrestling Observer.

The second Monday night Impact is scheduled to air on March 1 following the success of the first Monday Impact on January 4.

The March 1 episode will air at 9:00 p.m. EST, but the official weekly timeslot has not been confirmed yet.

The Observer reports that the likely taping schedule will be live on Mondays one week, then tape the following week's Impact the next day on Tuesdays.

Caldwell's Analysis: Hulk Hogan has really been pushing for a permanent timeslot on Monday nights rather than just doing regular specials on Monday nights, similar to a WCW Clash of the Champions schedule, so it appears Spike TV has obliged. The key for TNA will be establishing what makes them an alternative to WWE Raw and doing more than "nostalgia and surprises" every week, as that will burn out the audience very quickly. In the short-term, WrestleMania season will be very hot this year.

:happybday:

Hopefully by the summer they will be going live every Monday instead of once every 3 weeks.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
Oh boy, death wish or the beginning of something special.

TNA still needs alot to compete with the WWE especially during the Wrestlemania build up. If WWE has at least 2 feuds as well built up as last year's Orton/HHH then TNA doesn't stand a chance.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Yea there going to get killed especially if they keep pushing hogans freinds.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Wow this is very exciting, should of happened the week after jan 4 when more people cared. The only problem is they won't be live every week, I really don't understand that. I hate watching taped shows it loses all the energy. And when they do a damn commercial mid match on a taped show equals bullshit.

Montana

Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!! I give TNA credit for trying to improve their shows each week and really has been putting in a lot of effort since 2002. It will be interesting to see how the WWE's and if they don't react, TNA may surprise some people. I don't know if it's me, but lately the past 1-2 years it feels like NOTHING happens on raw. You don't heel/face turns. Title changes are pretty rare. Not much in the way of speciality matches. The big matches are generally 10x rematches. So maybe this will light a fire under the wwe.

straight_edge76

Monday Night Wars II.

This is going to be something special I can feel it. Either it will force both to up the ante and improve the product or (which is something I do not want to see) is TNA basically becomes another victim of egos getting in the way of buisness. TNA should know they are in no way shape or form ready to compete with the WWE and eventually being bought out.

But I gotta give TNA props. For being only 8 years old, a relative baby in the buisness they have made so many leaps and bounds, t hey went from being the little promotion that could to being the second Wrestling promotion in North America.

Nation

This is for real now. TNA really needs to step the fuck up if they want to challenge the WWE. It will definitely take time but they have the potential to do so and with RAW having been shit for a while now, I really hope TNA forces them to improve the disaster that is Monday Night RAW. This competition should bring out the best in both companies.

noumenon

:happybday:

Hopefully by the summer they will be going live every Monday instead of once every 3 weeks.

It'll be live every other week. Monday will be live, Tuesday will tap the next week's show.

Awesome news. TNA really needs to use from this time till they go live to really clean up all of their loose ends and make sure all of their story lines are tight and ready to go by then.

xtremebadass

This time TNA will get even better ratings then they did last time. WWE has Cheech and Chong! There isn't any Bret Hart this time around. I am not predicting earth shattering numbers, but TNA will do just as well or a little better in the ratings.

Unless, which I presume, WWE will nix Cheech and Chong and really look to stick it to TNA. Maybe they'll move Austin a couple weeks ahead to host.

xtremebadass

No CMS they got William Shatner, its not like its any better, but still lol

CenaMark54

They couldn't have picked a worse time. TERRIBLE decision. This is right during the peak of the Mania buildup, where the WWE draws its biggest ratings of the year. They should have waited until a few weeks after Mania or even next fall.