Breaking News: Mick Foley signs with TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

We have been reporting for several weeks now that Mick Foley's deal with WWE expires on September 1st and he has stated that he doesn't believe he will re-sign after being unhappy with his new role as an announcer on Smackdown.

Wade Keller of PWTorch.com is reporting today that Foley has agreed to contractual terms with TNA, and he will debut with the company when he is contractually able to do so.

As we mentioned earlier, Foley's deal with WWE ends September 1st and TNA just recently taped their shows for the next three weeks, which means Foley's TNA debut could be at No Surrender on September 14th, unless there is a no-compete clause in his contract.

We will have more on this story as it develops.
---------------

24wrestling.com

This Guy

I'm not doubting this story, but he's not legally allowed to talk to TNA or vise versa until his contract is up. Its called Tampering if TNA had offered to Foley. Its called violation of contract if Foley aproaches them or accepts or agrees to any terms.

edit: However it should be noted that Wade Keller is the most unreliable person in the wrestling news industry

Enigma22

Reaction score
lol hes just doing this to piss off vince...

its probably the smartest thing tna has done in a while tho cause people will actually watch tna for mick foley... they dont got anyone with his fan base...

hiphopking

Reaction score
i dont know about this i hope tna does not use him in a bad way

Great One

Cool. If it's true, probably technically their biggest sign. Can't see him fitting in too well nowadays though.

Travis40

I would love to see Vince sue the nuts off of TNA for this one...

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I'm not doubting this story, but he's not legally allowed to talk to TNA or vise versa until his contract is up. Its called Tampering if TNA had offered to Foley. Its called violation of contract if Foley aproaches them or accepts or agrees to any terms.

edit: However it should be noted that Wade Keller is the most unreliable person in the wrestling news industry

It is...hmm

I guess thats just in wrestling

I seen in other sports where people are neg. with other teams and things before the contract is up...

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
They do it in Nascar all the time...so thats why I didn't know.

PeepShow

Please don't bring up Nascar in a news and rumors thread ever again.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Alright I was just saying that some times they have it where you can talk to others about signing a contract...so I used that as an ex.

Viva!

Reaction score
Your kidding me. I really hope this isn't true and why the hell is Vince happy to let a WWE legend sign with a rival promotion.

chessarmy

lol at the people that are pissed off about this...

Anyway, this is great for TNA. Yet another big name star signs with the promotion as they continue to grow bigger and bigger. I wonder what role Mick will have in TNA, personally I'm hoping for DW to get canned so Foley can replace him, but we'll see what happens in the coming months.