Breaking News: Jeff Hardy Gives Notice to WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Update: Jeff Hardy Gives Notice To WWE

By Ryan Clark on Friday, August 21st, 2009 at 4:22 PM EST

We can now confirm that Jeff Hardy will be leaving the WWE within the next month or so. Jeff Hardy gave his notice and informed the WWE that he was leaving due to scheduling conflicts, mainly wanting to work less days. Vince McMahon has informed the creative team to scrap future plans with Jeff Hardy and to create an angle for the Undertaker’s comback who will fill in for Hardy.

Hardy will have his last WWE appearance at either SummerSlam or next weeks SD! tapings on Tuesday.
TWPP.net

Thoughts anyone? Im glad he left. He was a waste of money/viewing time.

phantomgerald

^^^^ The best guy to sell to kids to be honest. He was also doing well in the feud with CM Punk. Smackdown will miss him.

SnackZ

Reaction score
This sucks - Hoping that its not true - not the greatest Hardy fan but he is beneficial to the E and especially to Smackdown right now, this will be a major loss for the E. Taker coming in will be okay but Hardy has a set fanbase that Taker will not get due to the little ones fearing a big scary man who is supposed to be dead.

J

Waste of money? Yea I'm pretty sure he sells a shit ton of merch. so how is he a waste. Its gunna suck to see him leave and the whole schedule thing just screams TNA to me.

noumenon

Matt's promo tonight on Smackdown screamed BULLSHIT to me and I'm sensing a hardcore heel turn for Matt with a severe Jeff beatdown sometime...either Summerslam or Smackdown before Jeff leaves.
Honestly a big blow to Smackdown right now, JoMo better step it up real quick if Matt does indeed re-turn heel.
I read another thing that said he's expected back in early 2010, so it's really not a huge deal.

ALSO...TNA is not an option due to their no compete clause. I don't think Jeff would ever head back there anyway. He came back to WWE for a reason...and they appeased him even after another suspesion with 2 world titles.

J

Isn't the no complete clause only like 30-90 days and I only said that cuase he said he wants time off becuase schedule conflicts and thats the only thng TNA has over WWE is a lighter schedule.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
That's the standard no compete clause. In Jeff's case with him going out on top they may have made him sign a longer one. I don't think they would have let him get this high on TV if they thought he'd be going to TNA anytime soon.

kingovkings

Reaction score
He has his faults, But he also has his good points too. To say he is a waste of money/Veiwing time is stupid IMO, But everyone is entitled to there opinion. Im not the biggest Jeff fan. But he is an assest to the WWE on certain levels. And he has a HUGE fan base so he will be missed im sure by both WWE and a lot of it's fans.

the dark knight

he may not be a great world's champion but he's not a bad wrestler at all and at this point anyone who's half credible will surely be a loss.

edit-

dont call me out on the not a bad wrestler bit.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Meh, I stopped watching SD ever since Punk became champ. I caught an episode after Punk lost the title to see what the buzz was about with Punk, Morrison and Ziggler, needless to say I was disapointed. People over-rated the shit out of them. So Jeff leaving really doesn't effect me.