No Mercy Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton... AGAIN?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The frustration that is Bray Wyatt keeps on growing in WWE. Sure, he is not the first superstar to have it this bad.

It took Daniel Bryan eight excruciating months to conquer the Authority and emerge WWE Champion at WrestleMania. Dolph Ziggler had an emotional World Heavyweight Championship in 2012, only for the belt to be taken away from him due to injury in 2013. Now, he languishes in the midcard again. The point is, fans wanted these superstars to get over, and even more when WWE kept booking them badly.

But Wyatt had been booked badly enough, and his feud with Randy Orton is getting stale. Yet WWE still wants to pursue the angle with another pay-per-view gamble.

No Mercy

Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton's match at the SmackDown-exclusive Backlash PPV was halted when Orton's concussion sidelined him from wrestling that night. The feud was an interesting one—a clash between the guy who likes to get into people's heads and a guy who has voices in his head.

However, instead of making Wyatt look like the strong "God" figure he preaches, WWE made him lose to Orton's substitute, Kane, due to Orton's interference. Still, they resumed the feud post-Backlash, and just this week, another match was confirmed for No Mercy.

The feud, however, became nonsensical and offered no reprieve for fans of the Eater of Worlds. A Cageside Seats review of the character is no longer high on Wyatt, calling last SmackDown Live's promo "boring". Orton was made to hunt Wyatt backstage all night.

Countless defeats

Bray Wyatt is a great character, but WWE never built it that way. He kept losing big matches, most notably his loss to John Cena at WrestleMania. He also lost to the Undertaker at 'Mania and it seemed every feud he went into, even with guys like Bryan and Roman Reigns, never boosted his persona.

WWE, however, is still reportedly banking on their promising Undertaker successor, even planning to get him into a feud with the king of kings, Triple H. But unless WWE Creative—or is Vince McMahon to blame?—follows through on Wyatt's streak of "fear", they might as well nix the gimmick altogether.

That said, the Hunter vs. Wyatt feud was rumored to happen as early as SummerSlam 2016, initiating a Wyatt Family vs. the Authority angle. The feud had yet to materialize and is instead rumored to take place leading to WrestleMania 33.

source

:hhh4:

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
both Wyatt and Rowan are on SmackDown and The Authority is on Raw so I doubt this actually happening

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Again? Not sure I count Bray Wyatt vs. "The Spirit of Randy Orton" Kane as the first plot point.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Lmao, Welcome to Battleground 2014.

Wyatt has never been relevant

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Well, IDGAF about this feud, so... They can do whatever they want for all I care.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
This is just another prime example of WWE failure, yet again giving us a meaningless match that no one really gives a shit about. Like Botchie Botcherson just pointed above, why are these guys even fighting? Better yet, WHAT are they fighting for?

Stating the rather obvious here, this of course is not Bray's fault, nor is it Randy's fault. These two are the last to be blamed (if at all) for this mess and in all fairness, I think they have both done the best they can with what they are given. Problem is, Bray's character is anything but developing (it's ben all steps backwards rather then any progress) and Randy I persnall have a hard time getting used to as a face. Idk, I just think Orton works a lot better in every aspect as a heel...

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Isn't the Wyatt/Orton "Feud" just a place holder
until Orton can get a shot at AJ Styles?

As much as I want Bray to have a win...Orton
will get it so he appears to be building momentum.

And if I had to guess...Styles will retain at No Mercy,
John Cena goes off to film a TV series or film and
Dean Ambrose will fall back into a mid-card feud
with Bray...and it becomes a game of 'Which one
of us is the most unhinged" and of course Ambrose
will win that feud...and I will die a little bit inside.

Has anyone seen that film "Misery"?

May-be that's what happened to one of the WWE
writers? They were kidnapped, tortured and forced
to write story lines where Bray Wyatt actually gets
a proper push and fights Cesaro in the main event
at Wrestlemania for the WWE Championship.

After they escaped they returned to work...but
due to a Traumatic Stress Disorder they keep
jobbing out Bray...because if Bray gets a proper
push...they will relive their worst nightmare.

Yes...this is how my mind works...

I also like to think that Charlotte makes Dana Brooke
wash her in the showers and massage her feet.

Wait...did I just type that?

Reactions: alexb

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
That said, the Hunter vs. Wyatt feud was rumored to happen as early as SummerSlam 2016, initiating a Wyatt Family vs. the Authority angle. The feud had yet to materialize and is instead rumored to take place leading to WrestleMania 33.

that... may actually... not be terrible... :blackshock:

It's also complete bullshit though as Hunter isn't returning until 2017 already and then he has matches with Reigns and Rollins lined up and not this.

But still. I'd actually be shockingly down with that, as WWEF's self-proclaimed biggest hater of both stables.