WrestleMania Braun Strowman's Possible Teammate

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
if I'm allowed to jump in for a sec on that statement. Because I believe that we're the actual reason why kayfabe isn't as dominant as it once was. Through the internet and every single thing being "leaked" and "rumored", we are the ones who feed the death of kayfabe more than WWE has ever done. I'd honestly say that they're giving their best to adjust to this new situation and play into it over the past couple of years. So in a way, they're the side which is trying to keep kayfabe alive, while we're the ones who're unintentionally tearing it down.

People nowadays only get "worked" when the stories turn into shoots and they care more about personal things like contract negotiations behind the scenes, who has heat with management or who's getting pushed by Vince and who's not, instead of focusing on the stories on weekly TV. WWE didn't kill kayfabe, we kinda did

I've been saying this too. The internet has killed the magic of wwe. Too many people are focused on all the behind the scenes goings on, that they forget we're watching a scripted tv program that we have no business knowing the ins and outs of... leave that side to the people in charge. And the whole push thing. Who's getting a push, who's not getting a push, who's being buried etc. I miss the days when none of that mattered and we just focused on what we saw. A guy wins or loses. That's it.

Reactions: SWL

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Rey was also supposed to fight John. I doubt he will be Braun’s partner.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
As far as brauns partner goes, I've been hoping for Ellsworth. Even if he just stands in the corner or starts the match and gets rag dolled for a few mins.... by Braun at That! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Nikki Nitro

El Curry

Kids See Ghosts
Reaction score
Wasnt that rumour just utter bullshit?
I'm pretty sure this source originally reported that it was Cena vs. Rey and now they're reporting that Rey is Braun's partner.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this source originally reported that it was Cena vs. Rey and now they're reporting that Rey is Braun's partner.
That source is shit. All they know is that Vince wants Rey at Mania and they are running with it. Shitty journalism

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
if I'm allowed to jump in for a sec on that statement. Because I believe that we're the actual reason why kayfabe isn't as dominant as it once was. Through the internet and every single thing being "leaked" and "rumored", we are the ones who feed the death of kayfabe more than WWE has ever done. I'd honestly say that they're giving their best to adjust to this new situation and play into it over the past couple of years. So in a way, they're the side which is trying to keep kayfabe alive, while we're the ones who're unintentionally tearing it down.

People nowadays only get "worked" when the stories turn into shoots and they care more about personal things like contract negotiations behind the scenes, who has heat with management or who's getting pushed by Vince and who's not, instead of focusing on the stories on weekly TV. WWE didn't kill kayfabe, we kinda did

While kayfabe may not be as dominant as it once was, it was Vince McMahon who first start puncturing it. He admitted in February 1989 that wrestling matches were predetermined because he didn't want wrestling to be regulated by the states as other contact sports were. He did this to benefit himself, and basically it spat in the faces of the thousands of people over the decades who worked to keep kayfabe. Even today, other promotions do a LOT more than WWE to try and maintain kayfabe even though it's much more known now than it was was even 20 years ago.

So yes, the internet may be the biggest reason kayfabe has "died." But Vince McMahon has shown that even before this that he doesn't care enough about kayfabe if it gives him more freedom and more money to not care about it.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
While kayfabe may not be as dominant as it once was, it was Vince McMahon who first start puncturing it. He admitted in February 1989 that wrestling matches were predetermined because he didn't want wrestling to be regulated by the states as other contact sports were. He did this to benefit himself, and basically it spat in the faces of the thousands of people over the decades who worked to keep kayfabe. Even today, other promotions do a LOT more than WWE to try and maintain kayfabe even though it's much more known now than it was was even 20 years ago.

So yes, the internet may be the biggest reason kayfabe has "died." But Vince McMahon has shown that even before this that he doesn't care enough about kayfabe if it gives him more freedom and more money to not care about it.
I mean, I don't think people actually believed it was real, even back then, so Vince just did the sensible thing to save money and make more profit. If Vince would have come out and stick to saying "this is absolutely real", people wouldn't have taken it serious anyways because they'd think he's a mad man for thinking the Ultimate Warrior was a fighter he found on the street like that, you know lol? If Vince wouldn't have come out and said it back then, well somebody else would have done it sooner or later. What Vince has done tho was a decision purely based on business, not creative outcome. Besides, it's not about knowing that it's scripted or predetermined, it's about the writers and the wrestlers to keep that illusion going. Like you said, we're all aware that other wrestling companies like NJPW or ROH are scripted too, yet they're able to keep kayfabe going. I'm guessing that's because they're not as overexposed as WWE is and not many people on the internet are after inside information as much as they are with the E. So Vince saying it's not a real competition shouldn't directly matter. It didn't matter back then and that specific instance still doesn't matter almost 30 years after the fact. A reason for why it didn't matter, for example, was because people were still shocked after the infamous curtain call in 96. Which was the first instance that truly broke kayfabe as it broke the illusion hands on. Vince didn't like that tho, neither does he like it nowadays when wrestlers who're supposed to hate each other take vacation pictures together whilst being on the European tour.

So Vince, and therefor the company as a whole, is still strictly for kayfabe. Wrestlers still get punished for breaking it and fans aren't gonna stop promoting it lol

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I mean, I don't think people actually believed it was real, even back then, so Vince just did the sensible thing to save money and make more profit. If Vince would have come out and stick to saying "this is absolutely real", people wouldn't have taken it serious anyways because they'd think he's a mad man for thinking the Ultimate Warrior was a fighter he found on the street like that, you know lol? If Vince wouldn't have come out and said it back then, well somebody else would have done it sooner or later. What Vince has done tho was a decision purely based on business, not creative outcome. Besides, it's not about knowing that it's scripted or predetermined, it's about the writers and the wrestlers to keep that illusion going. Like you said, we're all aware that other wrestling companies like NJPW or ROH are scripted too, yet they're able to keep kayfabe going. I'm guessing that's because they're not as overexposed as WWE is and not many people on the internet are after inside information as much as they are with the E. So Vince saying it's not a real competition shouldn't directly matter. It didn't matter back then and that specific instance still doesn't matter almost 30 years after the fact. A reason for why it didn't matter, for example, was because people were still shocked after the infamous curtain call in 96. Which was the first instance that truly broke kayfabe as it broke the illusion hands on. Vince didn't like that tho, neither does he like it nowadays when wrestlers who're supposed to hate each other take vacation pictures together whilst being on the European tour.

So Vince, and therefor the company as a whole, is still strictly for kayfabe. Wrestlers still get punished for breaking it and fans aren't gonna stop promoting it lol

Eh, still gotta disagree. Just because someone eventually may have done what Vince did doesn't absolve him in any way for doing it. Wrestlers break kayfabe all the time. They do interviews all the time out of character. He started that.

And the regulatory commission knew that wrestling was predetermined. But Vince didn't want to have to follow their rules anymore. That's where the whole distinction of referring to his product as "sports entertainment" came from.

The only things Vince cares about people not breaking are the specific things he forbids them from. Other than that, kayfabe is broken nearly every day. There's more wrestlers acting of character on a daily basis than in character nowadays.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Eh, still gotta disagree. Just because someone eventually may have done what Vince did doesn't absolve him in any way for doing it. Wrestlers break kayfabe all the time. They do interviews all the time out of character. He started that.

And the regulatory commission knew that wrestling was predetermined. But Vince didn't want to have to follow their rules anymore. That's where the whole distinction of referring to his product as "sports entertainment" came from.

The only things Vince cares about people not breaking are the specific things he forbids them from. Other than that, kayfabe is broken nearly every day. There's more wrestlers acting of character on a daily basis than in character nowadays.
However we both wanna put it now (because I don't see how this is gonna end), you cannot blame this whole thing on Vince alone.. it's a natural process with influence of the fans and how Vince or the company reacted to it. Am I saying Vince is an angel? No, but to generalize, I don't like this world where we constantly blame him for everything that's wrong with pro wrestling

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Come on guys, we were told his partner this Monday on Raw. It's Brains Strowman, Braun's twin brother. Jeez guys, I get Raw isn't always exciting, but this close to Wrestlemania, at least check the YouTube Channel!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~