WrestleMania Braun Strowman's Possible Teammate

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
There have been several rumours about who the mystery tag team partner of Braun Strowman would be at Wrestlemania 34. There was an earlier report about Bobby Lashley’s return and possibly teaming with the Monster Among Men.

There has now been a twist on the earlier rumour as Rey Mysterio who made a one-time appearance back in January at the Royal Rumble is the one being pencilled to team with Strowman.

Rey Mysterio to return and team with Braun Strowman?
images (2).jpeg
download.jpeg

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Cesaro hits Rey with the Swiss-19

Yeah Rey would be great.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I still think braun should win the tag titles by himself. It would make him stand out, be different, and prove his dominance.

The guy went from single handedly eliminating 6 men in the chamber, needing like every finisher to put him away, to Now needing a partner to beat Cesaro and sheamus. Come on, kayfabe wise, it makes 0 sense.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I still think braun should win the tag titles by himself. It would make him stand out, be different, and prove his dominance.

The guy went from single handedly eliminating 6 men in the chamber, needing like every finisher to put him away, to Now needing a partner to beat Cesaro and sheamus. Come on, kayfabe wise, it makes 0 sense.
Surely it would break kayfabe if a singles star won the tag titles on his own. That would be so bait.

Strowman needs a partner not because he will struggle in a handicap match. Strowman could win a match against The Bar comfortably.

Strowman needs a partner because otherwise he cant qualify as a tag team, therefore he cant challenge for the tag titles.

The partner could be someone who won't even be involved in the match. Like Ellsworth. Basically a handicap match

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Surely it would break kayfabe if a singles star won the tag titles on his own. That would be so bait.

Strowman needs a partner not because he will struggle in a handicap match. Strowman could win a match against The Bar comfortably.

Strowman needs a partner because otherwise he cant qualify as a tag team, therefore he cant challenge for the tag titles.

The partner could be someone who won't even be involved in the match. Like Ellsworth. Basically a handicap match
No

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Surely it would break kayfabe if a singles star won the tag titles on his own.

I would love for this to actually be something that WWE cares about. Unfortunately, they don't seem to anymore.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Please avoid doing spoiler titles like these even if it's a rumour.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I recently thought about Cesaro and how he competed in 2 matches at Mania 30 (unannounced) by turning on Swagger in the Tag title match and then winning the 1st Andre Battle Royal. Maybe they could have done something similar in the way of a special stipulation this year around, so that the person that wins the Battle Royal becomes his tag partner. But I guess they're just gonna bring someone back like Mysterio or even Jericho for a good pop, which is also fine, but I also think that the Battle Royal thing would have given it more of a meaning and an actual goal rather than to just fill a spot on the kickoff card and to call it "an opportunity for a WrestleMania moment"

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I would love for this to actually be something that WWE cares about. Unfortunately, they don't seem to anymore.
They do. That's the story. Braun doesn't want or need a partner. But Kurt is forcing him to have one otherwise he wont be eligible to challenge for the tag titles.

That's literally the whole premise of the match.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
They do. That's the story. Braun doesn't want or need a partner. But Kurt is forcing him to have one otherwise he eligible to challenge for the tag titles.

That literally the whole premise of the match.

If you honestly believe WWE cares about kayfabe, you've been watching something other than WWE the past few decades.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
If you honestly believe WWE cares about kayfabe, you've been watching something other than WWE the past few decades.
No what Im saying in this particular storyline they do

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
they don't care about kayfabe in general.
if I'm allowed to jump in for a sec on that statement. Because I believe that we're the actual reason why kayfabe isn't as dominant as it once was. Through the internet and every single thing being "leaked" and "rumored", we are the ones who feed the death of kayfabe more than WWE has ever done. I'd honestly say that they're giving their best to adjust to this new situation and play into it over the past couple of years. So in a way, they're the side which is trying to keep kayfabe alive, while we're the ones who're unintentionally tearing it down.

People nowadays only get "worked" when the stories turn into shoots and they care more about personal things like contract negotiations behind the scenes, who has heat with management or who's getting pushed by Vince and who's not, instead of focusing on the stories on weekly TV. WWE didn't kill kayfabe, we kinda did

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Elias or a "Woken" Bray Wyatt please...Hell...I'll even take Blob Fish Ellsworth at this point...

Please don't bury the entire tag division by having Strowman go over clean 2 on 1.

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Mysterio would be a waste. We all know how it will go. Sooner or later, the tag team will implode and it will be Braun vs his partner. Does anyone really want to see Braun vs Rey?