Brandi Rhodes talks outside ventures

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

As part of the premiere of the upcoming American Nightmare: Becoming Cody Rhodes documentary that debuts on Peacock in July, I talked with Cody's wife Brandi Rhodes who was in attendance along with other family and friends.

We talked about her current projects and whether or not she plans to return to wrestling as an on-screen character.

You can watch the entire interview for free above.

A return to TV?

Brandi was not only the chief brand officer of AEW, but also an on-screen character that even wrestled several matches throughout her time with the promotion. However, once she and her husband departed from AEW and Cody went off to WWE, we had not seen much of her on-screen. Many people have wondered if she would also be on WWE TV -- something we have yet to see.

She said she doesn't "think it's going to happen anytime soon," given that she is working on another project: the start of a yoga and pilates studio.

"...I've been very candid and very quiet and working diligently for over a year now on a new journey. I decided a while ago that I was going to open a yoga and pilates studio and that it really helped and healed me in so many ways after having Liberty (their daughter), going through the changes that we went through and I just wanted to spread that to people," she said, adding the goal is to open the studio by this fall.

The journey of yoga

She also shared that her love of yoga began during the pandemic. She had never taken a yoga class before, but once she did, she enjoyed the communal aspect of it.

"I always thought, 'Oh, this just is not for me. I don't belong here.' But I actually started doing yoga through Peloton and just the sense of community with Peloton just felt so great. It actually encouraged me to step out and get into a studio post-pandemic," she explained.

"Then I was able to do yoga through the pregnancy and just being able to come to that and feel accepted, especially in the world of sports entertainment, where acceptance isn't a word you ever really hear, it's kind of like, do what everybody else wants you to do and do it perfectly or everybody hates you," she said.

Brandi said that yoga is a practice and that those who take it up show up as their are and work on themselves, being accepted wherever they find themselves in life.

"You're accepted where you are in the journey. So I just felt like it was so beautiful and so wonderful for me to come to every time I felt a certain way in my life. And it was just really healing and uplifting. So, I'd like to pay it forward," she said.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
She has inside ventures?

• Haha
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
She has inside ventures?
Cody ventured inside and it led to Liberty....

Good for her I'm glad she's doing something she wants to do, and hope it works out for her.

• Haha
Reactions: Wiseman