Bragging Rights 2010 discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

...god...

Reaction score
Ya prob, I feel like the belts should get more credit and prestige though, as logically you'd think the former US title holder is more worthy of and closer to main event status.

Reaction score
I honestly forgot about R-Truth's US Title reign. It's almost like Miz never dropped it to Hart earlier this year for Truth to then win it. I guess that's best in hindsight, because at least I always forget Bret Hart won a title in 2010.

Alex C

Reaction score
Firstly I'm very ghappy with Tyler Reks's gimmick change. He had pathetic gimmick in ECW,but actually I believe he can be a star.

Secondly,why is buried alive match at Bragging Rights and not on Survivor Series? Thats confusing. And SmackDown needed new stars,because most of top guys are on RAW,and SD lost Matt Hardy and Christian now.

So here are my main predictions for this PPV

Randy Orton vs Wade Barret - Orton (but I would like to see Barret as champ)
RAW vs Smackdown tag team match - RAW
Undertaker vs Kane - Kane

...god...

Reaction score
I honestly forgot about R-Truth's US Title reign. It's almost like Miz never dropped it to Hart earlier this year for Truth to then win it. I guess that's best in hindsight, because at least I always forget Bret Hart won a title in 2010.
GET CRUNK.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Secondly, why is buried alive match at Bragging Rights and not on Survivor Series? Thats confusing. And SmackDown needed new stars, because most of top guys are on RAW, and SD lost Matt Hardy and Christian now.

Fixed your commas for you.

And RAW lost Evan Bourne for atleast four months. Plus Tarver with an injured groin and Skip with a broken ankle. Its injury season and they are coming fast.

My Predictions:

Wade Barrett w/John Cena vs. Randy Orton (c) for the WWE Championship:

Randy Orton definitely. Wade Barrett has just been here too short of a time to become champ. On top of that, with the WWE title, leading Nexus will become the second thing on his mind and he would probably eventually be the cause of its demise. Randy is probably gonna pull it off somehow. Probably with a lot of pounding on the mat and some questionable seizure-type gestures.

Prediction: Randy Orton

Natalya vs. Michelle McCool (c)w/ Layla (c) for the Unified Diva's Championship

Natalya hopefully as LayCool has held some form of a championship or another for quite a while now and I want to see:

A) a real diva hold the title
B) a real diva defend the title
C) LayCool finally shut the fuck up
D) A LayCool-less SmackDown!
E) Natalya hold atleast something before WWE fires her, Phoenix, Melina, and Tamina to establish their Playboy division when they destroy the Diva's division.

Prediction: Natalya

Team SmackDown! (The Big Show, Edge, Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston, and Tyler Reks) w/Hornswoggle and Chavo Guerreo as "The Swagger soaring Eagle" vs. Team RAW (The Miz, R-Truth, John Morrison, Ezekiel Jackson, Sheamus, CM Punk, and Santino (LOL)) w/Alex Riley 14-Man Elimination Tag Match:

Well lets see, RAW is supposed to be the A show, but they lost last year, a good reason for them to win this year. SD! won last year, but look at their fucking team this year! Amazing! I want SD! to win. SD! is supposed to be pushed by WWE to be just as good as RAW however, so that could be a reason for them to win too. Also, do you really think some guys like Miz/Morrison or Swagger/Edge could work together? Always time for a betrayal costing one team or the other the match. Personally, the weak links for each team would be Santino (RAW) and Tyler Reks (SmackDown!) to me. Comparatively, this year's teams take a shit on last year's teams by far. Better in every aspect except HHH should return and kick Santino's ass off the team.

Mistakes they made in qualifications week:
Putting Tyler Reks over Kaval
Putting Kofi Kingston over Drew McIntyre

Putting Santino over anybody (in this case, Zack Ryder)
Not having Daniel Bryan on the team (however, hes most definitely gonna have a good match at BR anyways.)

So, Prediction: SmackDown!

Undertaker vs. Kane(c) w/Paul Bearer and the Urn for the World Heavyweight Championship

Undertaker i'd guess, since hes been losing to Kane for a while now. I'd definitely expect Paul Bearer to play a role in the winning or losing of this match for one star though. It would be sad to see Kane's reign end but great to see another Taker reign. I've read as recently as today however, that Undertaker needs time off (AGAIN!) for shoulder surgery. So take that for what you will, they could have Taker just have a short reign.

Prediction: Normally Undertaker, due to circumstances of health however, Kane.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Daniel Bryan, Intercontinental Champion vs. United States Champion

Daniel Bryan basically passes Dolph Ziggler in every aspect in my eyes, so Daniel Bryan. Im sure this is going to be an amazing, mind-blowing match though.

Only 5 matches? Kinda sux, but this is the 3rd PPV in like 6 weeks.

Possible matches:

Goldust w/Aksana vs. Ted DiBiase (c)w/Maryse for the Million Dollar Championship?

I'd predict Goldust winning in this match, to set up a feud, give Goldust something for all his years of hard work, and to free DiBiase of the title that basically doesn't mean anything and isn't worth anything to WWE so he can go on to greater things.

Alex C

Reaction score
Yeah man, but I don't think the fact Skip and Tarver are injured is really a big impact on RAW. But Evan Bourne injury surely is. Also,Christian off SD is also a big problem in smackdown mid-card program.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^Agreed, but with Skip and Tarver gone, they are gonna have to bring more losers and make them part of Nexus (just like Harris and Hennig, even though they aren't losers really, they're better.) since Nexus is supposed to be the unfightable force in WWE and they are losing members. Still don't get why they kicked Darren Young out.

Axis

Reaction score
No but really. This show has been pretty bad.

Montana

Reaction score
Yeah, this show has been pretty bad. All downhill since Danielson/Ziggler. Which was a really good match. Basically just a good monday night Raw.

THe Tag match felt like it was out of left field, and the WWE is tossing around belts like they are meaningless. Golddust vs. Dibiase shouldn't be on a PPV. Divas match, who cares.

Taker vs. Kane...Buried Alive. I think this is like their 2nd or 3rd buried alive match. It's really the same song and dance everytime. Rather boring.

Raw vs. SD ....again just like a big tv match.

Orton vs. Barrett....watching it now, but its probably one of the worst main events this year. Bad match, Awful finish...Neither of these guys are a draw. I know Orton is popular, but he's just not a big draw main event guy yet. Barrett...needs no explaination. Not too much build up for this fued either.

OVerall 4/10 and that may be generous. Basically because of Daneilson/Ziggler. This just felt like a Monday Night Raw.

Doomsday

Reaction score
It's bullshit what happened with Taker and the Nexus.
Absolute fucking bullshit.

Axis

Reaction score
I was impressed with Kane's ability to magically make dirt fall into the grave.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
So other than Ziggler/Bryan I heard this PPV got progressively worse. The ending to the Orton/Barrett match was fucking Blue and everything else was just meh, the ending of the Kane/Taker match was odd and everything else sounded unexciting and bland.