Bragging Rights 2009 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dynamo

Reaction score
What did people think of the iron man match?

I thought it was supprisingly good actually. Didn't have much hope. It was funny to see Orton slightly botch the AA/RKO, by landing with his wrong hand for the double cover. But we got blood and a fairly brutal match. Good stuff.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
So Tista gets mad with Rey because he stopped the pin? YOU'RE IN A MATCH AGAINST EACH OTHER DUMBASS!! For the Heavyweight title at that.
Should have seen the turn coming as well. Why would someone interview the losers of a fatal 4 way match right after the match? Shouldn't they interview the champ? I mean he did just win a match against 3 other guys. The odds were stacked agasint him since he didn't have to be pinned. The beard kinda forshadowed it too.

It was pretty clear who was going to win the divas. They made that obvious since they said the trophy would go to the brand who wins the most. Miz won a point for RAW in the 1st match, so if RAW won again, it would be pointless for the multi tag match.

As for the tag match, it was meh. The ending was predictable with Show attacking someone from DX. It appears Kofi and Rhodes are going to be feuding now. Just don't know who they have next for Cena. With DX being tied with Jerishow and Orton no longer being able to go for the belt as long as Cena has it, there's no other main eventers. Poor mid-card guy is going to get squashed and pushed furthur down the ladder.

I didn't see the Iron-man match though.

Airfixx

...So, it was all for some dumbass trophy (!!!!) which could potentially have already been decided before the 7on7 tag even took place?

What a big fuckin' fail of a concept.

I didn't realise the IC/US title match was non-title either.

So, to save me the bother of watching the latest WWE trainwr... sorry, I mean PPV... What was the deal with the 4-way... Rey foils dave a few times, Taker retains without doing a great deal... Did Punk play any relevant part at all?

Will check out the Iron Man match tonight.

Dynamo

Reaction score
Yep, it was for a big shiny trophy, and Jericho was holding that muthafucka tight!!! lol.

Yea, US/IC was just one of the 3 'Bragging Rights' matches

In the 4 way, Rey pushed tista of taker after he delivered the devasting tista bomb. Punk was typical heel really, trying to stay out of it and get a cheap win, but was thrown out by tista at the key moment, as was rey after trying to hit tista with a cross body. But after, tista walks into the tombstone, and good night.

Boring match really, watched it in fast forward, so I might of misd some key spots....

As for the turn, saw that coming from when them too rekindled their bromance the minute tista walked back in the SD door!!

Airfixx

So, Punk played no meaningful part in the storyline of the match...

Punk's lost 3 times in a row against Taker.
Batista's lost UN-EARNED title matches at back-2-back PPVs.
Ditto Rey.

Remind me again who's the current credible challenger on SD?

At this rate they'll be looking to turn McEntyre face already and put him up against Taker by Armageddon... No wait, hang on that's been replaced by 'TLC: The PPV' hasn't it? ...Wow that's a tantalising prospect and a half right there isn't it... A cripple WHChamp in a TLC match... That can ONLY be 'awesome'!

soulreaper545

Reaction score
I imagine the PPV was better if you watched it on TV, I was there live and you could see how bad the Cena/Orton match was when they were fighting on the ramp it was very pathetic. Taker winning wasn't a surprise but now we get a heel Batista out of it, and i learned that Pittsburgh fucking hates Mysterio. Big Show screwing over raw was just obvious about 40 people i talked to at the event called the ending ( probably used internet to find out but not to sure). The best match of the night was the dark match between Christian and Paul Burchill for the ECW title.

Wordlife

^that Christian/Burchill match should have been on the PPV... it's Bragging Rights between the TWO best shows? Poor ECW was let out of the water and didn't even get one match! Poor Christian man!

MizMasta3000

Orton-ROBBED(I owe so many ppl money now)
Miz-YAYYYYY
Team Smackdown-WTF? how the hell did they win
Taker-Meh...Batista-two thumbs up!

the dark knight

*batista turns to taker*
batista: oh shit
*taker chokeslams batista*
taker: you hurt?
batista: no
taker: kick out batista

the unintentional comedy on PPVs keeps getting dumber...

the dark knight

oh and also rey repeatedly saying "pleez pleez pleez stop" like eddie murphey does..

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Batista is heel?

Good, everyone can stop bitching now..

Wrestling Station

*batista turns to taker*
batista: oh shit
*taker chokeslams batista*
taker: you hurt?
batista: no
taker: kick out batista

the unintentional comedy on PPVs keeps getting dumber...
reminds me of HBK vs Cena around couple of years ago having a similar confrontation except that HBK was frustrated and mad that Cena didnt sell the injury lol.

Airfixx

Ok, so I DID watch it all in the end....

*WHC match sucked pretty hard except for the bwoy Punk's piss-takey behaviour.
*Miz/Morrison eventually evolved into a good match.
*Diva's match wasn't too bad.
*Bragging Rights match was TOTALLY predictable, not to mention feeling like a main event ripped from a Monday night.
*Cena & Orton put on a pretty decent show - Was no Bret/HBK or even HHH/Rock, but was defo better than I'd have predicted. Orton's countering the FU into an RKO was tha schweeetness!