Bradders' Article on Wrestling Today- Edition#1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bradders

Reaction score
Hi all, welcome to the first edition of my article on the state of Wrestling Today.....

The General State of matches/promos on weekly shows
Now over the past few months we have seen Khali dominate every week on Smackdown and injuries happening all over the place, that is why WWE need to get off of their backsides and build up some mid card superstars that will provide for some valuable back up if a champion is injured or even another main eventer, over the past few weeks I have seen Carlito get jobbed out by Umaga and Smackdown extremely lacking depth. Now on Smackdown you could argue everything was fine until Undertaker was injured but week in week out we see squash matches and I don't want to see those kind of matches on weekly shows, it's not 1991 and we want to see more energetic matches which we are not going to get if it carries on like this.

I see Ric Flair being wasted away on Smackdown, not even in a match for a PPV and he is meant to be a top staple of the industry but yet he is just being a sidekick to Batista who shouldn't be main eventing with Khali which brings me back to the point of backup superstars, sure they didn't drop the ball when Kennedy was injured so why not call up someone from OVW to start getting more air time on Smackdown, RAW and ECW, I surely wouldn't complain. The tag champions of Smackdown are in singles matches and are not even in a proper storyline because there is no-one to face and what makes it even worse the WWE aren't doing anything about it. On Smackdown I see squash after squash with Khali and if that is building someone up by beating top stars he is becoming worse than Superman and he is making everyone on the roster lose credibility.

Plus Points of Smackdown
+Matt Hardy
+M.V.P
+Sometimes good wrestling
+Mysterio returning

Negatives
-Khali
-Too Many Squashes
-Not enough depth in roster
-No tag teams
-Confusion

Plus Points of RAW
+Interesting Storylines
+Interesting Promos
+Star Power
+Booker/HHH feud
+Orton/Cena feud
+Regal as GM

Negatives
-Too much air time for major storylines
-Injuries have let RAW down
-Tag champions never on RAW
-Women's Champ never on RAW
-Overdose of promos
-Makeshift storylines that seem rushed.

Plus Points for ECW
+Estrada as GM
+Morrison/Punk rivalry
+Matt Striker

Negatives
-Too many squashed
-Big Daddy V and Boogeyman rivalry
-The two main eventers getting beaten (lack of credibility)
-Too many squashes
-Boring

Plus points for PPV
+Decent matches

Negatives
-Rushed matches
-Lack of superstars
-Lack of interesting dream matches

Plus points for TNA
+Star Power
+Angle cutting promos
+Great Tag team division

Negatives
-Angle promo lasts 20 minutes
-Not enough matches
-Young/Roode feud
-Pacman
-Nonsensical decisions

I also do not like the schedule of house shows in the WWE as they are what is causing all of the problems I have stated.

This was just a short draft copy of my Article, I will be adding more topics if it becomes popular.

straight_edge76

You had a few nice points, ever since Flair lost to MVP at Vengence he has just been jobbing, I was sort of hoping for a Finley/Flair submission match at GAB. And Still think he could team with Batista to take on D n' D.

Carlito is now starting to get pushed, thats always a good thing.

Kaedon

Reaction score
This is a great start, you just need to refine it a little more. Take who your favorite columnists are, dont copy them but incorporate something you like from their columns.