Boxing Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

I can't believe we didn't have a Boxing Thread already okay I might as well start it up since I love Boxing just as much as anything in my life. Some highlights above from Ruiz vs Joshua 2 and Joshua looked great outboxing the slower Ruiz not letting himself get too confident in there or too antsy when things were getting too easy or rough for him. Ruiz I saw said he was outta shape vs their first fight, but you're the Champion and you're a professional it's your duty to keep into shape especially when your Heavyweight Title on the line. Oh well this is the place were you can talk Boxing of the Past, favorite Fighters and Fights whatever you want to talk about when it comes to the Sport of Boxing.​

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ruiz looked like Buster Douglas when he fought Lennox Lewis......out of shape and without any fucks to give.

It's embarrassing.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
And then he tries drumming up interest for a third fight :rock1

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
And then he tries drumming up interest for a third fight :rock1

Well he could get it just now right now. I imagine a third fight Joshua finishes him early because it felt like Joshua found out his gamelan really early and abused it.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
y5Jtjib.jpg

Top Rank, PBC Split Wilder-Fury 2 Card
By FIGHT SPORTS
The date and venue of the highly-anticipated WBC heavyweight title rematch between Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury were recently confirmed, and now more details regarding the card’s structure are coming out.

The event will be a cross-promotion between ESPN+ and Fox Sports, with ESPN being the main producers of the pay-per-view.

Officials in charge of production tell Boxing Scene that the pay-per-view portion of the card will only be three fights rather than the usual four. Top Rank Boxing — which co-promotes Fury and airs on ESPN — and Premier Boxing Champions — which promotes Wilder and has a television deal with Fox — will each get one fight slot to feature any of their fighters.

In addition, Top Rank and PBC will each get three slots for a six-fight televised undercard to take place prior to the pay-per-view. This undercard will also air across both ESPN and Fox properties.

None of the fights outside the Wilder vs. Fury 2 main event will be Top Rank vs. PBC.

Wilder-Fury 2 takes place on February 22 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Original Story: Boxing Scene

18 Days away from the Rematch that we all wanted to see. Wilder to me got outclassed for the majority of the first fight and if not for that Knockdown he got on Fury that looked like he killed him, the first fight wouldn't of ended in a draw. Second fight let's see who win this one.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah I'm not high on Plant he hasn't beaten anyone no where near the level of Canelo and I expect a whooping for him by Canelo when the fight happens.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Mexican boxer Jeanette Zacarias Zapata, 18, dies 5 days after fight in Montreal

MONTREAL -- A female Mexican boxer died Thursday, five days after being injured in a Montreal ring.

Groupe Yvon Michel, the organizer of the boxing event, said Thursday that 18-year-old Jeanette Zacarias Zapata died from injuries sustained in a bout with Marie-Pier Houle on Saturday night at IGA stadium.

Zapata suffered a series of power punches in the corner of the ring and, after a solid uppercut, the Mexican seemed stunned near the end of the fourth round. A final right hook caused Zapata's mouthguard to fly out and left her unable to return to her corner after the bell rang.

Zapata, who appeared to convulse while still standing, was joined by her partner and trainer Jovanni Martinez, who quickly laid her down in the ring. The on-site medical team rushed to her side and she was immobilized on a stretcher before being rushed to a hospital by ambulance.

Yvon Michel, president of Groupe Yvon Michel, said in a briefing Sunday that Zapata was placed in a medically induced coma to sedate her and relax her body and brain, adding that the following two to five days would be "critical."

RIP, such a sad story.

• Sad
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Mexican boxer Jeanette Zacarias Zapata, 18, dies 5 days after fight in Montreal

MONTREAL -- A female Mexican boxer died Thursday, five days after being injured in a Montreal ring.

Groupe Yvon Michel, the organizer of the boxing event, said Thursday that 18-year-old Jeanette Zacarias Zapata died from injuries sustained in a bout with Marie-Pier Houle on Saturday night at IGA stadium.

Zapata suffered a series of power punches in the corner of the ring and, after a solid uppercut, the Mexican seemed stunned near the end of the fourth round. A final right hook caused Zapata's mouthguard to fly out and left her unable to return to her corner after the bell rang.

Zapata, who appeared to convulse while still standing, was joined by her partner and trainer Jovanni Martinez, who quickly laid her down in the ring. The on-site medical team rushed to her side and she was immobilized on a stretcher before being rushed to a hospital by ambulance.

Yvon Michel, president of Groupe Yvon Michel, said in a briefing Sunday that Zapata was placed in a medically induced coma to sedate her and relax her body and brain, adding that the following two to five days would be "critical."

RIP, such a sad story.
10 count is worse than MMA letting you stop the guy on the ground.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Well shit, I heard him on Jeremy Piven's podcast and it made me interested in his comeback.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Damn I don't think I've ever seen Usyk fight before but he's really putting Joshua through his paces thus far, this looks like it's going to be a close fight

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Usyk is really in control of the fight so far. AJ feels a bit more shook than usual, so far I have Usyk winning these rounds. I think Round 2 was a bit of a toss up

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
AJ starting to come back in to the fight past couple of rounds, Round 6 he started to get a bit more comfortable, got some real nice jabs in. Very close to call if AJ keeps this up in the later rounds

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Oh fuck Usyk delivering some damage in Round 7 :worried

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Really tough fight for Joshua but credit to him he's stayed in it and clinched some of these rounds. I have Usyk winning overall. It's been a good scrap though, I've enjoyed it. I think if Joshua comes up against Fury he's going to have a really hard time, Fury would have his way with him