Bout Fuckin' Time!~

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I will however require a receipt so that I may attempt to write off my expenses as related to volunteer employment. :D

Beer

I was thinking of making a comment on that WS, but it slipped my mind. That mistake seriously pisses me off. Not even sure why.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
The problem with the arcade years ago was it made the forum run slowly and ate up A LOT of server memory and usage. If the newer arcade systems are upgraded and run smoothly then there should be no problem having one of the forum again.

Now I don't know much about licensing of vbulletin but I always assumed since we run on a 3.6 version it wouldn't cost anything to upgrade to maybe a 3.7 or the latest of 3's the ultimate 3.8.4. Since its all in the 3's.

I emailed Mark requesting the vbulletin.com customer account name and password. Once I receive the information I will log on and see if 3.8.4 is available for free (since we have an active license with vbulletin). If not then we can set up a fund which I will pitch in also for like you guys have offered.

Also upgrading our vbulletin forum from 3.6 to anything higher does not upgrade our server :-/

And monkey yes we are able to backup the forum. It has a few con's though doing so, the forum runs slow when backing up the database, so its recommended that the forum is shut down during that time. Plus we have a huge database, thousands of posts and members and so on.

Wordlife

^which in fact could cause another early 07 crash if I'm thinking about everything your saying to my knowledge...

TBH I've been getting the same problems here too, sometimes never able to get on period, PhP errors, HTML errors, sign-in errors.... I know its no ones fault really (if ya wanna blame Mark go ahead, cause I don't know if it COULD be his fault or not).

Yes, it does need to be fixed, but the forum is great as is imo

But an arcade and an upgrade sounds dandy and I'd love to pitch in

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
If we got enough people to pitch in then that would be great, we all could benefit from that. The more people the better, that way it is cheaper per person (obviously). Upgrading to vbulletin 4 would definitely be better I believe than upgrading to just 3.8.4 considering 4 is the newest and is an overall better system to run with.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I dunno if this was happening to anybody else, but for the past 24 hours or so IWF was down for me saying some sort of PHP error occured. Irritating as hell. But I'm just glad things are back to normal. Now I can type up Episode #2 of my BTB!

Pff, I still have my 1st show that I have to type up. I was going to finish it up today after I got off of work, but I kept getting that message. Damn btb's take time to type up. Didn't know it'd take that long.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
The servers do need fixing but yeah, the vBulletin upgrade is difficult to do. Especially the fact that you need to do the skins again and that has to all be done in StyleVars.

Alright *dissapears*

Beer

Apparently version 4 is free until your current license with vBulletin expires. Then after that a new license is $195.