• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bound for Glory 2023 - SATURDAY, October 21 - Live from Chicago - Only on PPV

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
no way that covers costs
Not even a little.

To put it in perspective TNA was making roughly 40,000 pay-per-view buys a month in 2012 and Dixie decided to cut pay-per-view back to four in 2013 because she didn’t think it was worth it.

Though, mind you, it was definitely making a profit on those paper views in 2012. It was their main source of revenue at the time. So stupid.

At 212, they had to lose their shirts on production alone. Not even counting talent costs.

I believe airing a satellite feed is $250K.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Not even a little.

To put it in perspective TNA was making roughly 40,000 pay-per-view buys a month in 2012 and Dixie decided to cut pay-per-view back to four in 2013 because she didn’t think it was worth it.

Though, mind you, it was definitely making a profit on those paper views in 2012. It was their main source of revenue at the time. So stupid.

At 212, they had to lose their shirts on production alone. Not even counting talent costs.

I believe airing a satellite feed is $250K.
6000 only barely covers costs in that case, and that's assuming everyone brought on American traditional PPV (which they did not)

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
6000 only barely covers costs in that case, and that's assuming everyone brought on American traditional PPV (which they did not)
Unfortunately, it probably didn’t fully cover costs, unless there was a decent overseas buy rate.

Which is why its primary goal should be to get Plus subscriptions up. Once you reach a certain number, it’ll cover production and get a little than that and you’ll make more profit on monthly Plus than 4 PPV.