Bookmaker offering odds on Pistorius murder trial

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
A bookmaker has opened themselves up for criticism after controversially offering odds on Oscar Pistorius's murder trial.
Somewhat tastelessly placed in the 'Novelty Bets' section of the website, Paddy Power have come under fire on social media for their 'gone too far' offering.
Under the title 'Premeditated murder charge verdict', the bookmaker has offered odds on 'Guilty' and 'Not guilty' ahead of the start of the trial.
A further description reads: "Singles Only. Applies to the verdict of Oscar Pistorius' first trial for the charge of premeditated murder. Bets void should charge be changed from 'premeditated murder' before verdict. Bets void should mistrial be declared."

Paddyphphwohwghwoghwogh.jpg

While it is legal for betting to take place on a trial in South Africa, the morality and taste of such a market surely has to be questioned.

Other markets offered by Paddy Power in the same category include 'Next Pope after Francis I', 'When will there be a referendum to widen grounds for abortion', 'Where is Yanukovych' and 'How will Julian Assange leave the Ecuadorian Embassy'.
Reaction to the Pistorius market came on the day that a judge in South Africa ruled that the murder trial could be televised when it begins next Monday.

Double-amputee Pistorius, 26 and known as "Blade Runner" for the prostheses he wears in competition, fired four shots at Reeva Steenkamp through a bathroom door at his Pretoria home in the early hours of the morning on Valentine's Day 2014.

Yahoo News

Attachments

• Paddyphphwohwghwoghwogh.jpg
    Paddyphphwohwghwoghwogh.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Would that not have been valentines day 2013 and not 2014 as this case has been going on that long?

Destroying Sith with my Kindle Fire on Tapatalk

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Would that not have been valentines day 2013 and not 2014 as this case has been going on that long?

Destroying Sith with my Kindle Fire on Tapatalk
Yes it would be, just a typo from Yahoo.