Blood Feud: Wrestler tests positive for Hepatitis C before WWE debut! Video

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Great news for the dude and all others who suffer from Hep. C. Always thought it would be one of those uncureables.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Great news for the dude and all others who suffer from Hep. C. Always thought it would be one of those uncureables.

So he will be able to wrestler then for WWE if he the lawsuit then?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Respect Gohan6425 said:
So he will be able to wrestler then for WWE if he the lawsuit then?

Considering this is a couple of years ago I think this case is already settled and he got a large amount of money as compensation so he can live comfortably. Also there is no guarantee that the treatment will work. It is more likely that it wont so I don't think we will be seeing this guy wrestle for the E.

Was there even a lawsuit by the way? In no way is it WWE's fault that Devon contracted Hep. C, rather Abdullah the Butcher. Devon's Wiki also states that he works fairly well as an actor on Canadian TV now so I think he is pretty well off and happy considering.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Considering this is a couple of years ago I think this case is already settled and he got a large amount of money as compensation so he can live comfortably. Also there is no guarantee that the treatment will work. It is more likely that it wont so I don't think we will be seeing this guy wrestle for the E.

Was there even a lawsuit by the way? In no way is it WWE's fault that Devon contracted Hep. C, rather Abdullah the Butcher. Devon's Wiki also states that he works fairly well as an actor on Canadian TV now so I think he is pretty well off and happy considering.

That said he suit WWE for the contract so yet it have been but this video was made in 2011 so it may not be over yet!

Stopspot

Reaction score
Respect Gohan6425 said:
That said he suit WWE for the contract so yet it have been but this video was made in 2011 so it may not be over yet!

The only lawsuit I can find any kind of info on involving this guy is with Abdullah the Butcher, the guy he claims gave him Hep. C. He and WWE most likely came to an agreement/settlement out of court. Which I think means he got a nice sum of money to pay for his treatments

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Stopspot said:
The only lawsuit I can find any kind of info on involving this guy is with Abdullah the Butcher, the guy he claims gave him Hep. C. He and WWE most likely came to an agreement/settlement out of court. Which I think means he got a nice sum of money to pay for his treatments

It said it on the video!

Stopspot

Reaction score
Respect Gohan6425 said:
It said it on the video!

Yes but there is no info on if it actually went to court. It would be listed if it did. I think they came to a settlement before they went to court.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Yes but there is no info on if it actually went to court. It would be listed if it did. I think they came to a settlement before they went to court.

Were do u see that?!

Stopspot

Reaction score
Nevermind I found some info on the lawsuit. It seems like it isn't going anywhere for him with the WWE but that he is doing better in the lawsuit against Abdullah. The WWE legal team seems to be handling his lawsuit pretty well.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Also this guy has moved over into Greco Roman and Amateur wrestling. He was actually on the Candian Olympic reserve squad if I understand it correctly.

On December 18, 2011, Nicholson won a silver medal in the Canadian Greco-Roman Wrestling Olympic trials in Winnipeg, Manitoba, making him the alternate Olympian in the heavyweight division for the London 2012 Olympics.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Also this guy has moved over into Greco Roman and Amateur wrestling. He was actually on the Candian Olympic reserve squad if I understand it correctly.

I though he can't do that? And his dream is to be wwe wrestler!

Stopspot

Reaction score
Respect Gohan6425 said:
I though he can't do that? And his dream is to be wwe wrestler!

You suffer no real risk of bleeding in amateur wrestling from what I understand. In WWE even if they have a no blood policy there is still the risk of something going wrong which can cause it, the risk is much smaller in Amateur wrestling.

He was also a really serious and skilled amateuro/Greco Roman wrestler before heading into Pro. He was crowned best wrestler in Ontario in 2001. He obviously has the skills if he was considered for the Olympic team.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Stopspot said:
You suffer no real risk of bleeding in amateur wrestling from what I understand. In WWE even if they have a no blood policy there is still the risk of something going wrong which can cause it, the risk is much smaller in Amateur wrestling.

He was also a really serious and skilled amateuro/Greco Roman wrestler before heading into Pro. He was crowned best wrestler in Ontario in 2001. He obviously has the skills if he was considered for the Olympic team.

U CAN BLEED IN THAT WRESTLER TO!

Stopspot

Reaction score
Respect Gohan6425 said:
U CAN BLEED IN THAT WRESTLER TO!

Yes and I never said you can't. What I said is that the risk is most likely much smaller. Amateur wrestling falls under the athletic commission. WWE does not. The commission can rule that he gets to compete in Amateur wrestling. WWE wouldn't have to listen to it since they aren't a sport.