Blizard has new game in the works and its not a WoW expansion!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Angelica Haze

Reaction score
They're busy little bees over at Blizzard. We know that they're working on StarCraft II and Diablo III, in addition to ongoing updates to World of WarCraft and their as-yet-unannounced next-generation massively multiplayer game. Now they've got a fifth project in the works.

According to a Blizzard representative (via Videogaming247), "This brand-new game is not a World of Warcraft expansion, and it is not related to the next-gen MMO."

"In the present, the brand-new game is using the World of Warcraft engine merely for testing purposes."

The rumor mills started churning in earnest when a job posting went up for a Client Software Engineer who could develop an engine from scratch. Speculation has already begun that Blizzard is finally rolling out a brand new IP, which would be their first since StarCraft hit back in 1998.

Back in 2006, Blizzard's Paul Sams told GameSpot, "I wouldn't be surprised to see a new franchise from us at some time in the future; there's certainly a desire to do so."

Whatever this new game turns out to be, we can be certain that we won't be hearing about it for a long while. Still though, file this one away as something to keep an eye on. Blizzard hasn't disappointed yet.

Very Interesting, I hate wow so maybe this will be a game i try whatever it may be

JimmyD

Reaction score
Well it's about damn time. Blizzard were developing a reliance on old school names that would have made Nintendo blush.

Let's see:

RTS - Check
MMO - Check
RPG - Check

Really all that leaves is an FPS, or - dare I say it - A POINT AND CLICK ADVENTURE.

This Guy

Blizzard always has 4 or 5 projects in the works. People predicted that obviously 3 of them were Diablo 3, Star Craft 2 & WOW Expansions. The MMO that they are working on is rummored to be World of Diablo or World of Star Craft. (working titles) It is possible though that now with a 5th project being predicted it could be both.

JimmyD

Reaction score
I can't see a World of Diablo, purely because it would most likely chip into the WoW fanbase rather than tap different gamers who aren't already playing a Blizzard MMO. That makes World of Starcraft more likely, but with Starcraft 2 coming out I imagine it'll be a good few years before we see anything like that.

This Guy

well of course...you do realize blizzard games are usually in developement for at least 2 years before they officiall announce them and then another year or 2 after announcement before its released right? So it still means they could be working on them.

therazar

Reaction score
I remember reading the new mmo is suppose to be original storyline. Nothing from previous games.