Biggest story in the NFL so far?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Seen this brought up on ESPN just now so figured I'd bring it up now as a topic. What do you feel is the biggest storyline of the NFL season right now?

To me has to be the Detroit Lions. Not just because they're finally a winning team at 6-2 but the fact that they seem to have this new poking their chest out mentality about them from the taunting Ryan while he was hurt, mocking Tebo, the coach oreal after the game Suh solidifying his rep as one of the most feared players in the NFL and Johnson's huge season.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
While Detroit is a hot hot topic... I'd have to say that right up there or even minutely surpassing it is the complete collapse of the Colts. I mean the QB goes down and its like the team cannot do anything at all. They can barely score, they cant stop other teams from scoring... they are WINLESS! Its as if Detroit and the Colts traded places... cept the Colts have more class.

But I will agree... Suh is becoming a real force. I'm still waiting to see how the defense will be once Fairley gets better and those two are playing together. The defense was all that was being talked up during the off season and they are producing. But their offense... who in the world would have thought that they would be... this good? Then again when you have Calvin Johnson to throw to... you can't go wrong.

But I think I'd put the Colts collapse slightly ahead since its just wow.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Only reason I didn't go with the Colts is simply because I expected this. That team is like a fish and Peyton is the water and they can't breath with the guy. He ran the offense and the offense being as good as it was hide how bad their defense is because they would play with the lead a lot and that makes it easier on the defense to just do enough to get a few stops to close the game. But it is close up there as the biggest story because we've never seen this kind of collapse before and wouldn't even be mad if they gave Peyton the MVP award just because he showed how much he is the most valuable player in the league without even playing.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I am drawing "the surprise line" between the Chargers and GMen. Chargers have had Super Bowl Champion talent for five years now, they just have some shithead issues. When (if), they pull it all together and get it done, we won't be overly surprised.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Peyton > Colts. They always say there is no I in team.. Peyton is that "I" and the Colts are showing it. Like I expected them to lose a few but I did expect them to win at least 1 or 2 by now. You have teams with rookie QBs that have already won a couple of games and yet you have this team of vets minus one player and they are acting like they don't know what sport they are playing anymore.

Peyton is the MVP. Peyton is their life support. Peyton is what made the Colts so successful. Hmmm... well besides the Rise and Fall of the Colts and the surge of the Lions... what else is really out there in the NFL?

Ben

Reaction score
I think the Niners being back in contention for the first time in 10 some years is easily the biggest story. Alex Smith actually looks like a good QB and Harbough has completely changed the culture there. The Lions are a good story but I see them coming back down to earth, Stafford's health is always a question mark, and they've got some tough games to work through, there on the rise just not this year.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Cam Newton vaulting into the elite QB level in his first season or CJ2YPC.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Cam Newton vaulting into the elite QB level in his first season or CJ2YPC.
Almost wanted to use this as it's a really good one. Everyone kept crapping on him like they do any scrambling QB and the guy already from jump is one of the best QB's in the league and scary thing is will only get better. Got Vick running ability with Rothlisberger size and can pass in the pocket too is just a first in the NFL. Steve Smith probably the happiest guy in the world after having to deal with shitty qb's in the last few years wasting his time.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
My Lions and 49ers biggest surprise teams not only do both have good records but they are playing up to them. Disappointments Colts and to an extent the Eagles but they were overhyped. Players definitely Cam and I'd put Fitzpatrick there too.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah I was gonna say Cam cause... come on first nobody wanted to give him a chance when he was playing for Auburn and he blew everyone away. Then nobody wanted to give him a chance in the NFL... the guy threw for 400 plus yards in his first two games. I mean he broke records already. He is in the top 5 for passing yards thus far this season. The Panthers have already scored more this season than they did all of last season combined. They already matched their number of wins, and Cam is still learning the game. Thats the real scary part about it... as good as he is doing right now... he is just learning the game. Soon he will be a real elite QB.

Cam is the man.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
the bills and bengals records, and i can't say colts because we all know what the colts would be like without Peyton

Reid

Reaction score
I'd say qb's like Dalton and Cam doing pretty good in there rookie years. I seemed to be only person who thought he'd turn into a good qb, but i didn't expect him to be this good right away. The Panthers still got a bad record but they are fun to watch and usually are in close games. Dalton's been surprising too, I thought he would go through some rookie growing pains and the team would suck.

Second i'd go with teams like Bengals and 49ers being good. I'm a Niner fan and i truly didn't think they'd do much with a new coach and Smith asa QB, but Gore's gone into beast mode and i think their defense is #1 overall. Bengals have a top 5 defense and good running game too. Also Dalton and Green seems to be a good hook up.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'd go with the whole "Tim Tebow sux az quarterback" situation.

The guy doesn't throw like Peyton but he does run better than most and is a big strong guy, like Vick.

But seeing as the guy has a giant christian fanbase that can't see anything past the bible verses under his eyes, no wonder people hate on him.

Also, he seems to be shat on, from a football standpoint like Doug Flutie did, I could see homeboy in my CFL.