WrestleMania Biggest Regrets from the Road to Wrestlemania

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I think the top feuds would have been a lot better if they had used a few of the ideas I had, but it's too late for that now. In a way, it's almost irrelevant because no one is gonna care much about how the whole build went when they go back and re-watch the show years later, especially since WWE's production team are so slick they could produce a 3-minute video recap (the ones you see played before the PPV matches) that could make even a lackluster feud look as if it were exciting.
I agree with you. However, I do feel that some builds to a feud make a lasting impact. For example, ill ever forget randy and triple h's build up at mania 26. It was awesome. And Batista and Cena. Shawn and taker. I mean it's true that, more often than not, people don't care. But I love the build ups. And this year roman and brock was worthless. Bray and taker wAs okay. Triple h and sting should've been better. Seth and orton is the only one that seems to honestly have some decent build.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The recent shows could have been better. I dunno. Even though it's not the greatest possible card, it's still Wrestlemania and I'm still excited for it. It's been a part of my for near 30 years and I've seen much worse cards (including my first Wrestlemania in person, 13). I would have preferred maybe Charlotte coming up and beating the holy shit out of Nikki Bella and getting the Divas title. Other than that, I'm okay with the show.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
The recent shows could have been better. I dunno. Even though it's not the greatest possible card, it's still Wrestlemania and I'm still excited for it. It's been a part of my for near 30 years and I've seen much worse cards (including my first Wrestlemania in person, 13). I would have preferred maybe Charlotte coming up and beating the holy shit out of Nikki Bella and getting the Divas title. Other than that, I'm okay with the show.
Are you kidding me? Wrestlemania 13 has a top 3 Mania match of all time not to mention it had the GOAT build. That alone trumps everything on this shit card X 10

I think the top feuds would have been a lot better if they had used a few of the ideas I had, but it's too late for that now. In a way, it's almost irrelevant because no one is gonna care much about how the whole build went when they go back and re-watch the show years later, especially since WWE's production team are so slick they could produce a 3-minute video recap (the ones you see played before the PPV matches) that could make even a lackluster feud look as if it were exciting.
lol fuck this. nobody is looking at the mania card from a futuristic perspective. We are looking at it right now, and the build sucked and it absolutely detracts from the PPV in the here and now.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? Wrestlemania 13 has a top 3 Mania match of all time not to mention it had the GOAT build. That alone trumps everything on this shit card x 10

Yes, the submission match was a great match, since I assume that's the one you're talking about. But that was it.

Since I'm speaking from my viewpoint, which I've mentioned over and Over, I'm not an Undertaker fan so the main event meant nothing to me. In addition Rockabilly vs Flash Funk annoyed me due to the idiotic gimmicks. Rocky Maivia vs the Sultan was pointless and painful. There were three tag team matches on the card and I don't like tag matches.

However you seemed to have missed my point, which was that even though I didn't think it had a good card, I still ended up enjoying it. And I did have a good time in spite of the fact that I didn't like the card.

So, to answer your question, no I'm not kidding you.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

Yes, the submission match was a great match, since I assume that's the one you're talking about. But that was it.

Since I'm speaking from my viewpoint, which I've mentioned over and Over, I'm not an Undertaker fan so the main event meant nothing to me. In addition Rockabilly vs Flash Funk annoyed me due to the idiotic gimmicks. Rocky Maivia vs the Sultan was pointless and painful. There were three tag team matches on the card and I don't like tag matches.

However you seemed to have missed my point, which was that even though I didn't think it had a good card, I still ended up enjoying it. And I did have a good time in spite of the fact that I didn't like the card.

So, to answer your question, no I'm not kidding you.
I guess but some things are just worth the price of admission. You saw that match live and it must have been amazing. It could have been a 1 match show and you got your money's worth. That is one of very few matches I periodically go back to randomly watch from time to time, and you saw it LIVE man. How dare you complain about Wrestlemania 13. :angry:

Just my opinion. Then again I've never been bothered to go to as much as a house show, so what do I know

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
The build has left me with 0 interest, seriously. I'm only watching because I have the entire week off this week, so I'll be really bored anyway. But I do think we'll get some good matches on the show, despite having no interest in them from a storyline perspective.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I guess but some things are just worth the price of admission. You saw that match live and it must have been amazing. It could have been a 1 match show and you got your money's worth. That is one of very few matches I periodically go back to randomly watch from time to time, and you saw it LIVE man. How dare you complain about Wrestlemania 13. :angry:

Just my opinion. Then again I've never been bothered to go to as much as a house show, so what do I know

But I am not complaining. To say that I was entertained by a show that I thought had a poor card is a huge compliment. (Although actually at this point I am just being difficult) :)

And yes, I feel very fortunate to have seen that match in person. I was also about 20 feet from Steve Austin the first time he uttered Austin 3:16. Both wonderful moments and I enjoyed both events immensely.

Last edited: