Big Show K.O. Punch. Real or Fake?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big SHow punch real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Fake

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Sometimes Real but mostly fake.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Reapaholic

Jobber
Reaction score
I want to get everyone's opinion on this. Is Big Show's K.O. punch real or fake?
It's wrestling. Obviously it's fake. Or is it... Typically when your hear punches or kicks you can see the superstar slap their leg, their chest, or their other hand. One time I saw Big Show hit Ricardo Rodrigez and I could see Big SHow slap his chest. Obviously it was fake. But what about when Big Show does this punch on potentially toughe individuals, for example Shaemus. If you watch the Big Show vs. Sheamus match from Smackdown this week, Big Show delivers a K.O. punch to Sheamus while Sheamus is on the top rope. I watched this footage over and over again. Big Show does not slap his own leg, he does not slap his other hand, and he doesn't slap his chest. The slow motion replay video shows Big Show's closed fist connecting with the side of Sheamus's face. One possibility for the loud "punch" noise I thought might be Big Show snapping his fingers before he hits Sheamus. He definitely does not snap his fingers. I am puzzled. Does Sheamus just let Big SHow hit him that hard?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Sheamus can also slap himself, hiding it behind his own body as well as Show's from that angle.

If Show connects with his fist in a wrestling match he is 99% holding it in. If he did hit you straight on you'd probably die but he's pulling his punches in the ring.

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
I think it's real that if you kick with a high intensity in the place Show does he gets Knocked Out, I don't really believe he hits it that strong when he fights...

Reapaholic

Jobber
Reaction score
Sheamus can also slap himself, hiding it behind his own body as well as Show's from that angle.

If Show connects with his fist in a wrestling match he is 99% holding it in. If he did hit you straight on you'd probably die but he's pulling his punches in the ring.
Makes sense. But Shaemus was holding himself on the top rope. No possible way he could slap himself. If you go to the main page and watch the latest Smackdown pt 2 it's the first or second match. The only thing I can think of is Big show snapping his fingers in the other hand but I can't tell.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm actually reading this thread or dreaming. Of course it's fake.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Makes sense. But Shaemus was holding himself on the top rope. No possible way he could slap himself. If you go to the main page and watch the latest Smackdown pt 2 it's the first or second match. The only thing I can think of is Big show snapping his fingers in the other hand but I can't tell.
Angles can be deceiving. Don't forget that there are also time keepers, referees and ring announcers that can simulate the sound. Also if it was on Smackdown the sound can be added in post production since it is taped and Smackdown is heavily edited anyway.

Reapaholic

Jobber
Reaction score
Angles can be deceiving. Don't forget that there are also time keepers, referees and ring announcers that can simulate the sound. Also if it was on Smackdown the sound can be added in post production since it is taped and Smackdown is heavily edited anyway.
Good point.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
It's fake. If it was real, every wrestler would be in the hospital right now. On a side note; Love your signature :yay:

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
a410ca41d323caaff2cf71a4488debd2.jpeg

Reactions: Jonathan

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
One of the dumbest finishers IMO. I mean , why don't big show use it when the matches starts? Does it need to load like on video games or what?

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
He punches open hand and the camera shifts a bit every time he does to make it look more forceful. It's a punch, but it's not full force at all

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
It's all in the fist pump. Really, pump your fist then punch a wall with full force .

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I think the WWE has a secret witchcraft order that revives people and uses dark techniques to complete the ritual needed. Big show throws the punch, and they rise, immortal for eternity.

Seriously are you serious bro? :pity:

Reactions: mh0707