Beth Phoenix Suffers Severe Sprain To Ankle / Plans To Drop Belt

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
“It looks like she affected her anterior talofibular ligament, which is the most common injured ankle ligament on an inversion injury,â€￾ Sampson told WWE.com.“She has some swelling, [and] she’s having a hard time walking or ambulating on it. We’re going to need an MRI just to make sure there’s nothing else going on and see how we can treat it – if we need surgery or if we can do it conservatively.â€￾

Hope she is alright and isn't out for too long.

AF.

Reaction score
Weirdest injury I've ever seen. Probably worse than Sin Cara's in terms of whack.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Thought it was a work at first, but when she didn't stop holding it, I figured it was legit.

WTF @ the Bella chick winning the title though, I thought they were leaving ?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
While Beth Phoenix appeared to be legitimately injured on last night's RAW Supershow, the plan for her to drop the Divas Title to Nikki Bella goes back a few weeks.

The idea was to get the Divas Title off of Beth Phoenix so Kharma can get the belt without facing Phoenix first. The plan as of a few days ago was for Nikki to win the title, likely at Extreme Rules, and then get destroyed by Kharma the next night on RAW. Obviously plans were moved up and the title change happened on RAW last night. Kharma destroying Nikki Bella for the Divas Title would have brought her back into the storylines as a dominant force and would have ended the Kharma-Bella storyline that began last year.

Even though Nikki won the title last night, PWInsider reports that nothing new has been said about The Bella Twins leaving WWE at the end of this month. It's still possible that they came to terms on a new deal but that's not the word going around.
I honestly thought the thing was a work and to an extent I still do. I actually forgot about The Bellas/Kharma storyline so it makes total sense to put the title on them, especially if it's used as a sweetner to get them to sign a new deal, or an extension till Kharma comes back.

Aniking

Reaction score
Not bad by the WWE, I don't mind this at all. This is how I would book it:

Beth Phoenix is injured and therefore will be out for months, so she drops the title to one of The Bella Twins, in this case it's Nikki. Due to The Bellas leaving at the end of the month, the WWE needs a way to explain their sudden departure, and that's where Kharma comes in. They'll boast about one of them being the Diva's Champion once again, then out comes Kharma to re-ignite their feud from a while back, so queue a video package to explain the deal. Kharma ends up challenging for the title, crushing both Divas in a Handicap match and warning them to never step foot in the WWE again or else she'll finish the job. The Bella Twins run up the ramp with their figurative tails between their legs and that's that.

Obviously Kharma will continue to dominate the division until the WWE start looking to book Summerslam, which is when Beth Phoenix comes back. Somewhere around there anyway.

Reactions: 1 person

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
That would work very well, Aniking. I just don't trust WWE do to any long term booking with the divas division.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
PWInsider said:
WWE sources this afternoon confirmed that the Beth Phoenix injury was last night was actually just a work to explain the title change. She did a hell of a job, to the point that a number of wrestlers thought she was hurt backstage.

I was told that Phoenix actually sold the injury after leaving the building last night and in the Detroit airport this morning while she was in front of fans.

After seeing the Backstage Fallout interview with her from Raw, I was convinced it was a work

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Not bad by the WWE, I don't mind this at all. This is how I would book it:

Beth Phoenix is injured and therefore will be out for months, so she drops the title to one of The Bella Twins, in this case it's Nikki. Due to The Bellas leaving at the end of the month, the WWE needs a way to explain their sudden departure, and that's where Kharma comes in. They'll boast about one of them being the Diva's Champion once again, then out comes Kharma to re-ignite their feud from a while back, so queue a video package to explain the deal. Kharma ends up challenging for the title, crushing both Divas in a Handicap match and warning them to never step foot in the WWE again or else she'll finish the job. The Bella Twins run up the ramp with their figurative tails between their legs and that's that.

Obviously Kharma will continue to dominate the division until the WWE start looking to book Summerslam, which is when Beth Phoenix comes back. Somewhere around there anyway.

I was going to attempt and say how I would book it, but this is better than anything I'd come up with. :Clap:

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Beth really continues to amaze me. She sold that to perfection because I totally bought into it. Hopefully this work doesn't take too long so she can get back in the ring because she's the only thing that excites me about the diva division these days although if Kharma returns, things can slowly change.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I just wished I hadn't read the report about it being a work before watching Raw. Beth sold that perfectly.

I guess she's taking time off then?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Aniking's idea is great and I hope that WWE books it that way.

I will be very glad to see Kharma return because the division has unfortunately gone nowhere with Beth as champion. With Kharma as champion the division has a slight chance of making it and this storyline break will be good for Beth because she lost a bit of her edge.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
As seen on Monday night, WWE did an injury angle with Beth Phoenix that appeared to be legit. Expect to see more of this as WWE is trying to do more "plausible" injuries where they initially don't reveal that it's a work and report it on their website like they would a real injury. The idea is for the talents to use Facebook and Twitter to help get the injuries over.

So I guess we should expect to see more of this?

Odd time to start doing this as they've been having quite a few people in and out on legit injuries. Perhaps a way of giving time off after making them work through everything till Mania?