Best/Worst Cell Phone Providers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Quintastic One

Reaction score
We all have cell phones (I hope). Or at least have had a cell phone in the past. In your experience who are the best/worst cellular service providers in the United States? Obviously this will be hard to apply to internationale folks because I don't have a clue what kinda cell phone service people in Australia/Europe/Canada/Mexico have. Feel free to express your opinion anyway. lol.

As far as I know, these are the big post paid cellular companies in the US. I don't count prepaid because well, there's too many local cell phone companies and frankly prepaid phones suck.

AT&T
Verizon
Sprint/Nextel
T-Mobile
Cricket
Alltell

The Mighty BamBam

Reaction score
There is no doubt about it Verizon is the best. All the others will just get you no service in 99% of the places you go. Trust me youll be wondering why in the world they would sell phones in your city but not have any service anywhere near the city.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I've had At&T for years. When it was Cellular One, Cingular, and now AT&T. They have some pretty good service and phone deals. A lot of people tell me that Sprint rips you off with stuff, and that Verison has cheap phones that break easily.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Verizon is great, they just overcharge everything. You have to pay to look for something to buy. So if you buy a ring tone for $3.99, you are charged for the time you spent looking for that ring tone. It's a little ridiculous.

Wordlife

^that is a bit ridiculous!

I have AT&t... the family plan is great imo, great deals, unlimted text, pix, vids, etc.. I love it

noumenon

I have Verizon for my private cell phone and a Sprint/Nextel for my job.

Up until around last year I was always on the Verizon band wagon, but as of late their service has simply been horrendous. I honestly get 10x better service with Sprint. Coupled with the insane price Verizon charges for everything, their ridiculous upgrade waiting period and all of their upgrade restrictions...fuck them.
I'm waiting until November/December when my contract expires and opening up another line on Sprint and getting the Blackberry Tour.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I'm currently in a 2 year contract with T-Mobile and I can't complain. If I weren't to go with them I would side with version as those two companies seem the reliable.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
From my experience (I've worked for Sprint and AT&T) the breakdown is this.

AT&T has the most expensive single plans, but incredibly good savings on family plans by comparison and the second best coverage out there. But their non iPhones are largely boring in both color and what they can exactly do. The AT&T machine invests heavily into the success of the iPhone, so that's pretty much their star player.

Verizon as far as my own independent research shows has the best coverage out of any provider period. They have horrendously high pricing for prepaid and family plans. And although their cell phones have a little more "umph" in terms of features and marketability, they also suck. lol. There is a reason they are on the Chocolate 3, The Envy 2 ect. ect. They invest heavily into the cool looking LG phones. But frankly, LG sucks as a manufacturer.

Sprint has the coolest looking phones and by far the cheapest price plans across the board. But they also by far have the crappiest coverage overall. Sure they will work great in just about every major city, but beyond that you're buying a really flashy looking paper weight. Also a heavy reliance on LG, like Verizon, makes most of their phones make poor stability.

T-Mobile is a dark horse, as I know the least about this service. Probably due to poor marketing when it comes to getting their name out there. I know they've got an incredible fave 5 or fave 10 plan. And they have something called Flex Pay which allows you to basically have a prepaid billing with post paid coverage and phones. However, from what I've seen their phones are also largely boring like AT&T, their customer service apparently sucks (word of mouth here) and their rate plans are very middle of the road.

If I haven't mentioned any other cell phone providers, they are probably even smaller than T-Mobile and thus probably not worth looking into.

Personally, I have Virgin Mobile, a prepaid service. Because it's dirt cheap. I have a Pantech phone, have had it for over a year, and its still going strong. I had Verizon, and never had a complaint about their service. I had a Motorola with them, which was very reliable.

So when searching for a cell phone service, it really depends on what you're looking for. No matter who you go with I probably recommend getting a Motorola or a Samsung device, as they seem to be the funnest/most reliable.

Of course being that I work for AT&T currently you should all buy those phones. lol

noumenon

^Phones in a nutshell..lol

However, the thing I find with Sprint is that you'll either have absolutely incredible service where other providers get nothing (IE, a tunnel or dead zones for other providers) and you'll have great service in most other places. But there's also no middle ground, you've either got amazing service, or nothing. Where as sometimes with Verizon or AT&T you'll have in between crackly service.
Another interesting fact... Sprint/Nextel operates off a government frequency, so in case of a national emergency if you pick up your phone it will literally tell you the frequency has been taken over for official government use.

LKP

02 over here in Europe is the best i think. T mobile and orange are merging eewwww. Both suck ass.