Best World Champion of the Past Year

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who is the Best World Champ from the past year?

• Triple H

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Cena

• Randy Orton

• Batista

• Edge

• Chris Jericho

• CM Punk

• Jeff Hardy

• Total voters

xtremebadass

Who do you think has had the greatest run with the World/WWE title this past year (Judgment Day 08 to Judgment Day 09)?

Here are the choices...

Triple H (2 reigns)
Edge (5 reigns)
Jeff Hardy (1 reign)
Randy Orton (1 reign)
CM Punk (1 reign)
Chris Jericho (2 reigns)
Batista (1 reign)
John Cena (2 reigns)

PeepShow

lmao @ Edge

Jericho by far. He wasn't the superstar of the year for 08 for nothing. :shifty:

But seriously, his reign was pretty great. All of his defenses that I can remember delivered and it was a very enjoyable reign at that.

mancilla 86

Reaction score
i wish i could agree with you but i didnt watch wwe for awhile and have yet to see a title defense from jericho..though i did hear that his hbk vs jericho ladder match was a 5star match

The Member

Reaction score
Yeah I'd say Chris Jericho, or Edge's reigns. All of it was entertaining, but I'll hand the award to Chris Jericho. His feud with Cena & HBK was great, and every match delivered.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Jericho hands down. None of Edge's reigns are really memorable, I had to wiki it just to remember.

MikeRaw

It's close between Jericho and Edge. I'll give it to Jericho. Edge has had alot of reigns, but I don't think that's the reason I'll put Jericho's reigns ahead of him. I don't care that Edge had so many reigns, in fact, I love it, but Jericho literally carried Raw, and had some more memorable and enjoyable feuds (to me anyway) during his reigns.

Reaction score
Cena. His title reign from November until February helped give a good boost to the ratings.

Klide

Me being an edge fan people may be thinking I'm going to say edge but I won't because edge as world champ lately has been disapponting since the vickie scene I personally liked edge best as champion during the Lita days. But i'm going to go with Jericho because I think he is the true champion heel at least this past year. blaming everything on the hypocrites and paracites

noumenon

Jericho without a doubt. His reign was definately the most impactful and memorable of the past year. Him holding the title really did save RAW for a few months. He did a great job with it and honestly IMO had the most stand out reign of the past year.

aufman

Reaction score
Definitely Jeff Hardy. He is the greatest of all times.

Airfixx

^^^^Wow... This ignore function is great! :y:

My vote goes for Jericho....

Runner up: 'The Age Of Orton'.

noumenon

^The Age of Orton reign was definately far superior to this one. I know it's kind of early to say that but unless something better is done, I stand my ground on that one.
And as someone else said...Edge really hasn't had a memorable reign since the Lita and Sex & Violence days. This whole obsession with the title and winning it every other week thing is getting kind of crazy.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Jericho's reign(s) were the most memorable. I mean, a Raw championship recapture in a steel cage match! Who expected that RAW!? His feuds were great, his matches memorable. Aside from that, Orton gets some respect for his, but that tainted end really hurt :/.

straight_edge76

Either Jericho or Orton imo Ortons reign really reminded me of HHH's title runs with evolution.

Jericho's though gets my nod, he had some of, if not the best feuds and title matches of 2008. HBK comes to mind.

LKP

Jericho obviously but orton not far behind. Orton had the title for 6 1/1 months that's like 6 months more than edge has had it. Edge had about 5 title reigns in ortons 6 1/2 month reign. Jericho was the superstar of the year 2008 and those title reigns made him look good and credible. He deserved them but i heard on wwe tv he has won it 5 times has he? I only recall 4. And that is with the two titles he won at vengeance 2001. Or are they counting the unofficial time he beat hhh on a raw but the decision got reversed?