Best rookie QB season? Who had it?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I was having this debate with a buddy of mine. I pick Cam Newton and he picks Andy Dalton. I presented the stats, presented what Cam had to work with. I mean if you go on stats alone Cam wins. But its better to expand a little. His only argument is that Dalton plays in the AFC, plays against the Steelers and the Ravens so since his competition is supposed to be tougher and he has 9 wins right now for his team whereas cam has 6 wins... Dalton has had the better rookie qb season. It was a good back and forth on facebook but he quit and deleted it. Pretty much he was losing :p

So I wanna know... I mean it doesn't have to be between those two. I mean any rookie QB... ever... who has had the best season?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i would pick cam because he is a double threat, running the ball and throwing it, Andy has had a better d then cam has but i'm not saying thats the only reason hes got 9 wins cause hes got some talent and A.J FUCKIN GREEN. Cam would of had 8 wins if the panthers kicker would of hit a couple of field goals.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'd say Cam Newton, he's been proving worthy of the number one pick in the draft after some speculation he wouldn't live up to his hype and he’s turned around a hopeless franchise.

I would throw Peyton Manning and Dan Marino in this conversation as well.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
In terms of numbers and adapting to the game so quickly Cam Netwon easily takes this for me. We've never before seen a QB let alone a rookie QB who can scramble and pass from the pocket at the same time like he can. However as far as success Ben Roethlisberger for sure as the team went undefeated in the regular season with him which is amazing for a team with a rookie QB.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Cam then Marino by stats. Ben Marino then Dalton for Success. I can see either argument. Personally, since I didn't expect Cincy to win more than 3 games let alone make the playoffs, I favor Dalton. Obviously Dalton isn't the only reason they won 9 games but for a rookie QB leading a team to the playoffs, good D or not, is damn impressive. Plus Cincy isn't a good running team, putting more pressure on Andy. Also for the sake of the Cam argument, I'd argue less was expected for Dalton, so it was more impressive.

SAL

Reaction score
Cam had the best rookie QB season of all time. I don't see a rational argument for Dalton over Newton. Sure, Dalton's team won 3 more games, but his defense is a lot better than Newton's. Carolina was 28th in total yards allowed, whereas Cincinnati was #7. And Newton wasn't exactly playing in a chump division having to face Atlanta and New Orleans twice. His stats are absolutely ridiculous, and I don't see any games that he "lost" for Carolina. By the way, Cincinnati has one of the most fraudulent playoff teams in a long time: they only beat one team all year that finished with a winning record, the Titans.

Cam by a landslide.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Cam Newton.

This kid might of had the best rookie season ever seen in the NFL. He broke the single season rushing TD record for TDs, which means he's done better than any other rushing QB scoring....ever. Not only that but, he also threw for more yards than any rookie....ever! Better than P. Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, anyone. He has two balls in the Hall of Fame in his rookie year. I know that the others ended up having great careers, but he has outperformed any rookie....ever. He did this despite his team being one of the worst.