Best Playoff System

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JoshSmith

Reaction score
This debate was on ESPN a few days ago. What league do you think has the best playoff system and why?

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Not sure.

I kind of like the one and done of the NFL but I hate how a team with a below .500 record can win a division and host a game while a wildcard team could wind up with 10 or 11 wins and still be a visitor for that team. Other than that its aight.

NBA... its okay but I think it needs a little change to once again prevent teams with a below .500 record making it in. Like looking at the west and looking at the east... its like if you're on the east you can have that below .500 record and still have a chance of getting in. But in the west... shoot you gotta win at least 40 games to at least have a shot at making it in. But then I'd vote for NBA over NHL and MLB cause I like NBA more than those two sports.

And then between NHL and MLB... NHL. NHL just has a different kind of excitement. MLB is just so drab. And the wait to get there is kind of boring. It's like nothing matters up until then cause you have well over 100 games to wait before games actually start to matter.

So if I were to choose...

NFL
NBA
NHL
MLB

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
NHL is imo the most compelling and most grueling playoffs in all pro sports.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I like best of 7 series playoffs, but I think only 12 or so teams should get in (in a 30ish team league). NFL's is great for the sport though, I don't think it could get much better. Sure the shitty team in a shitty division will get in every now and then and some divisions are more stacked, but I'm okay with how they do it.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think NFL has the best one due to the win or go home factor so you have no room for error. In a series you can drop a game and still be fine but in a win or go home situation you have to be on top of your game at all times. Series of course can be great though esp when it comes to game 7s.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think NFL has the best one due to the win or go home factor so you have no room for error. In a series you can drop a game and still be fine but in a win or go home situation you have to be on top of your game at all times. Series of course can be great though esp when it comes to game 7s.

Well the main argument against win or go home is that upsets are much more likely and you could end up with a team that really doesn't belong playing for the championship and have more lopsided playoff later round playoff games. Series are more likely to have the best team move on.

That being said, I still enjoy the NFL's the most.