Best defensive player in the NFL

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Figured this would be tough to choose from. Gonna have to go with the somewhat bias answer here and say Ngata. A good reason as to why the Ravens are so good against the run is because of him. Guy is just a beast to try to run through. Then still even at his size he is pretty quick and able to chase down QB's and players period. Then factor in how he makes Ray Lewis's job that much easier because he has that big man to take up space and fend off blockers for the linebackers.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Ngata, Revis, Ware are all phenomenal, but Revis plays a more difficult position to near perfection.

There are many defensive linemen in history who played football at the level Ngata/Ware play it, but there are only a handful that played CB on the level Revis has played it since 2009.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Many? Not in the sense of being able to be able to rush the passer at his size and be the most dominate run stopper in the game. And also like I said make plays easier for the rest of the defense mainly the linebackers who don't have to worry about blockers since Ngata will have them occupied.

I will agree that Revis has the tougher job and is a great answer and probably will get brought up most but I think Ngata is pretty underrated for what he can do.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Peppers, T-Sizzle, D.Ware or Revis

but i'm gonna go with Ed Reed, he knows where the football is at all times, sure he gambles alot on plays but still he is so dangerous.

Reactions: 1 person

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
No love for Patrick Willis? Some really good players named. Ngata, Revis, and Ware all belong in the discussion, but my top two are Willis and Ware, I'd put Suh in the same category as Ngata so can't pick him.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Baby Ray Lewis, yeah pretty good pick in Willis he goes pretty unnoticed even though he's one of the best linebackers in the league. Helps that his team is doing really good right now too.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I coached Linebackers at the collegiate level and Willis, good team or not, is exactly what I would want in a player. His technique is flawless, his angles are damn near perfect and most importantly he knows how to tackle.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Jared Allen, yeah.

Reid

Reaction score
Would either go with Willis or Revis. Revis shuts down everybody, Willis is damn good at everything that a lb does.

Deuce

Reaction score
Ray Lewis, whenever that guy gets through the line.... the QB is dead meat. His hits are hardcore and he can read the plays really well, he hasn't been doing as much as of late though which is saddening since I'm a fan of Baltimore.

PHX, I like your choice. Ngata does make Ray's job MUCH easier by taking out the bigger guys. I would've went with him if I didn't like Lewis so much lol.

MrMister

Reaction score
Interior line: Ngata

DE (4-3): Jared Allen

Inside (MIKE) backer: Willis

Outside backer: Ware

Safety: Do I really need to type Ed Reed? Earl Thomas will be the next great FS. Troy is still the best SS.

CB: It's still Revis.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Lardarius Webb is a name I think people are gonna have to watch out for year by year as far as the best CB's in the league. Guy has really stepped up this year.