Best and Worst year of WWE PG Era(2008-2017)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

P1Goat

Jobber
Reaction score
We are almost a decade since WWE went PG in 2008.In all these years there has been good as well as bad things.But in your opinion what has been WWE's best year and worst year since then?
My choice...
WORST YEAR-2009
AKA The Guest host era,this was easily the worst WWE year in last decade.RAW became Celebrity Show with B+ Actors and Singers as guest host. Wrestlemania 25 was a big disappointment(Orton vs HHH) apart from HBK vs Taker.WWE went full swing with Orton vs Cena borefest with them main eventing 5 ppvs!A white hot Kofi Kingston got buried by Orton.Also Jeff Hardy one of all time favourite wrestler left.Also a rookie Sheamus won the WWE Title from Cena bringing down its prestige.Elsewhere,ECW revival ended up as a total failure and was replaced with NXT.The only thing memorable is the quite under-rated Batista vs Mysterio feud.

BEST YEAR-2011
The year i came back to watch wrestling again.There were so many great feuds and matches that year.We had Rock's return after 8 years.CM Punk became a Star with his epic Pipebomb promo and had awesome feud with John Cena leading to a 5 Star match at MITB.While WM27 was bad,it still gave us HHH vs Taker-one of the best streak matches.New guys were gradually pushed(Bryan,Punk,Cody,ADR) while HHH and Taker became Part timer(as they should).We also had the Christian vs Orton feud and also saw Mark Henry's Hall of Pain gimmick .And ofcourse,Zack Ryder became a thing and won the US title while Bryan won his first World Title.All in all a great year.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
As a person who became a fan of wrestling in early 2009..
13042656.gif

2010 was worse.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I liked 2009, actually... but part of that was that I only watched Smackdown, lol

Hmm. Part of me wants to say 2016 was the best, due to the return of the brand split and WWE getting their stuff together with so many little things - and Smackdown - but this garbage holding pattern Raw kinda prevents that... There's so much I didn't like about 2011 either, but I'm voting for that year since otherwise Mark Henry will stomp my face until my head slides into a ringbell.

The worst... hmm. 2012, 2014, 2015. Three way tie. Basically the three years with no Shield or AJ Styles where I've been on here bitching and complaining about every little thing.

Lucha Underground, Wednesday nights at 9 PM on the El Rey Network

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
2010 and part of 2011, until punk went wild.

Parts of 2013 and into 2014 were beyond awful as we had nothing but lame orton and Cena dominating at the time when we had guys like Rollins, DB, Wyatt on the sidelines. Mania 27 was awful though, too. One of the worst manias ever.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
2013 and 2014 for me. I didn't pay much attention to wrestling at all then. I didn't even watch recaps. I just didn't care.

Irwin R. Schyster

The Showoff
Reaction score
The 80's were also PG...and the 90's, up until the Attitude Era. I guess I'm just 'old' and people think PG is newer than it really is in wrestling. Those were the best times ever.

Anyway, couldn't name the worst, as I have found wrestling to be absolute shit since Punk left. Before that, even though the guests were shit, besides legendary wrestlers and Hugh Jackman <3, I liked a lot of those years after the AE.

Gembo

The Showoff
Reaction score
I became a fan in late 2010, and I would probably consider 2011 the best year out of everything I've seen firsthand, and either 2014 or 2015 the worst. These were years when I stopped watching wrestling because it just wasn't capturing me. I don't know what was so bad, I just didn't like it