Bella Twins Want Diva Tag Titles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I think this could work, but they don't have the talent to get it off the ground. Too many Divas with less than 5 years experience and an apathetic audience towards divas matches,. you would seriously have to get your best agents on the division and push it down everyones throats, because you could get something over just by re-educating your audience, it just takes time. This would take atleast 6 months to a year to make this worth something.

And whoever said Eva Marie was the shits, she's barely a year in, got to remember Trish was still doing catfights until 03.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yeah I know, I actually like her and would push her pretty hard as a character but she is the shits and was just pointing out how little depth there was on the roster for this.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
If they went ahead and shot a all divas show in a smaller setting it could work IMO with a 30 minute runtime. I do think the divisions would have had to be spread out though.

Bella Twins
BFF
Funkadactyls
Eva and JoJo
Tamina and Bailey (make her a AJ puppet)
Rosa and Aksana

Summer
Paige
Emma
AJ
Alicia
Natalya
Shaul
Layla

Like I said its feasible and if you are willing to pay to get it off the ground like when they were rumored to want to bring Eve, Maryse, Maria, and Kelly in it could really work. Melina is possible because Batista is back, and you could always reach out to McCool, Mickie, and the two goats for special appearances

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The more I think about it, the more convinced it could work. 03-04 was supposedly to apex of womens wrestling and there was like 5 women in the picture, Trish, Lita, Jazz, Victoria and to a lesser extent Torrie and Stacey.

WWE has a womens roster larger than that today and you could totally make it a viable draw to young girls if you actually push it as a serious divisions, WWE needs some Ronda Rousey's instead of Barbie dolls who are introduced with poppy tween music. Stop calling them Divas, because that's what you call a cunt when she is still in the room. Eliminate the sexual element, sorry horny rasslin fans, but nobody respects sex appeal, they need some serious shit to back up a division. Put Finlay back in charge of the division, use Jamie Noble and Malenko while you're at it. It isn't hard to fix what has been broken,

Reactions: SAIYANS

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Divas Tag Titles wouldn't be impossible to establish someday, but right now it would be ill advised. Bearing in mind that diva tag matches and diva "teams" have always been surprisingly common, there's never really been large enough pool to do this either, at least not to the point where we could look at the divas division and say "Yep, a tag division would totally be sustainable". Again, not outrageously impossible, but I don't think the idea is on the front of anyone's mind but The Bellas.

Even if it takes off there's still the inevitable issue of taking shine away from the Divas Champ (the singles division alone isn't as active as it could be anyway). I've always thought that adding more people to a division strengthens it, whereas adding more titles just means more to do and more balls to juggle. The outcome is that you have even less time to explore one or the other. Basically you're dreaming if you think one won't suffer for the sake of the other in this scenario. Because I fear what we'll end up with is The Bellas or some other really mainstay divas team (like...?) as placeholders doing nothing for weeks and months at a time.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'd have it replace Satuday Morning Slam. A solid 30 min show highlighting athletic women for competitive spirit. Seems like something kids, parents, and women would accept.

I'm just saying I've heard this idea (not specifically tag title) but the rumor of a women's wrestling show and CW wrestling show being tossed around so much as network exclusives I've warmed up to it more over time watching NXT and knowing there are enough divas they have or could reach out to. It wasn't viable a decade ago but now it could be with the way wwe reaches out to part timers for veteran experience and with all the tags they run on the main brands plus the NXT girls.

WWE also has never had as big a women fanbase as now with an estimated over 6mil watching them every week now in the states so that's why I think it can be done

Last edited: