Becky Lynch talks friendship with Charlotte Flair, new book, more

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
After a fallout in their friendship, things are better now between Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair.

That fallout included Lynch and Charlotte getting into a legitimate backstage confrontation after a title swap segment on SmackDown in October 2021. They haven't wrestled one-on-one since November of that year, but Lynch and Charlotte worked together again as teammates at Survivor Series this past November.

During an appearance on the Cheap Heat podcast to promote her upcoming memoir, Lynch said she "absolutely" addressed her friendship with Charlotte in the book and wrote about the ups and downs they've had.

Lynch responded when asked how things are between the two now and how it was working with Charlotte in WWE again:

I think, good. And look, I think in writing this book, at no point, and certainly did not intend to in any way be disparaging against her, and I don't think I have. I think I'm fair in trying to give her perspective and things. Because I don't think it's fair to completely bury somebody in a book, especially in a world that is so subjective, because they don't have the opportunity to defend themselves. So I talk about our fallouts, but I at least tried to paint it from her perspective as well as from my own.
And working together, yeah, it was easy because I think the undercurrent of all of it, fallouts and all, is love. You get more upset by somebody hurting you if you've loved them - or you do love them - than from somebody that you had no relationship with at all. And that is the thing with Charlotte. We were best friends. We were like sisters. Then we fell out, wrestling came between us, then we came back together, then there was the notorious fallout with the titles. But I think throughout all of that, if she ever needed anything, I'd be there for her. And I think if I ever needed anything, she'd be there for me. And I think that trumps all. I think life is too short to hold these animosities for too long. And I think if you hold them too long, they weigh down on you.
There's just no point in that. We've lost some people in the last year, in the last few years, and it just reminds you how precious this life is and how special this thing that we're doing is. We can have those disagreements. We can have those conflicts and rivalries, and we can not always see eye to eye in business, and that's what makes business better when people feel like it's real, but at the end of the day, you got to remind yourself what's important.

Lynch said her facing Charlotte again is something WWE can always go back to and it will always be good. With it having been so long since Lynch and Charlotte have wrestled each other, Lynch thinks fans would be excited to see what would happen.

Lynch recently named Charlotte and Bianca Belair as her two in-ring soulmates (the opponents she could wrestle and work with forever).

Charlotte tore her ACL, MCL, and meniscus on SmackDown in December 2023. She then underwent knee surgery this January. When Charlotte suffered the injury, WWE stated that she would be out of action for nine months.

Lynch's memoir, "Becky Lynch: The Man: Not Your Average Average Girl," is being released next Tuesday (March 26). Not long after that, Lynch will challenge Rhea Ripley for the Women's World Championship at WrestleMania 40.

Reactions: #Waddles

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Heard good things about the book but unfortunately I don't have the attention span for it. Will look into the Audiobook version though.

I could watch her and Bianca wrestle forever though, probably my favourite opponent for her. Wonder if they would do a Bex/Charlotte tag run aswell, though that might be a bit too OP.