Bayley is the next John Cena

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
How long until the nutty section of the IWC turns on her? The character and by the looks of it the person could never be heel, she is very kid friendly and already has a superfan decked out in her bright coloured attire. All she's missing is armbands, hats and a towel.

Got to realize Vince will see the reaction she gets from the kids and see dollar signs.

What you think?

Messiah

Hana Kimura ❤️
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
The character is kinda similar, but she'll never draw as much as Cena or have as much fans.. I'm surprised the IWC likes her because her character is so garbage. She might get pushed as the next face of the divas division, i really don't see it working out for Charlotte. It seems a lot of people are already sick of her.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
People are fickle as fuck, they pretend to be on bandwagons and leap off as soon as the goal is attained, Charlotte was the IWC fave before the focus on Raw became about her. Sasha will become boring to them as soon as she starts being top dog.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Charlotte will be the next John Cena. She will treated like a silver spooned Wonder Woman without being fundamentally equipped in the ring. Bayley will be booked like an underdog similar to Ziggler and Bryan.

As for appealing to kids, her gimmick is specifically geared towards pre-teen girls which is kind of a first. I doubt the IWC will turn on her anytime soon since she's earned her stripes with Sasha Banks by putting on two MOTY candidates. Bayley has goodwill from the fans now. Charlotte will cop the IWC's heat because there are women more talented and crisp than her but she'll be pushed first because of the name.

I'm not doing a 180 and turning on Charlotte, just some more development would have been nice before she won the title. Her Raw matches are usually just her getting the hot tag.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Charlotte will be treated like Triple H if anything, acting like connections equate their push and asterisk their entire career and never giving them their due as performers.

Gotta remember even green as grass, generic Cena was having great matches, tore the house down on his first night on Smackdown and did it again with Jericho in ugly green tights. Even during his rapper phase he was killing it with Eddie, had a great match with Biker Taker and became the next big thing after showing he could hang with Brock.

I'm saying the fickle IWC crowd are easy to turn on someone as soon as the company gets behind somebody, and guess what? Bayley is the one with the connection ad kid friendly gimmick, who is this character going to grab first? The bitchbirds who act like mini Meltzers or the kids in the audience? Whose money does WWE covet more? The kids, because they are still growing, insuring multiple gear being bought and a fan not as jaded as the typical smark.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Former NXT beard here, I may be able to shed some light on that. You see, the reason that most, if not all, of us "turn" on a certain character, is that we have a need to see something new every so often. What happened with Cena, Orton, etc, is what I like to call the SOS (or Same Old Shit) effect. Characters we've seen a million times recycled in thousands of colors with hundreds of faces. I knew Bayley was destined for this since from the first time I saw her. The way to counteract this would be to do some, what I like to call, Undertakering...Simply tweaking the gimmick or moveset a bit when you notice the crowd growing bored, is enough to stave off SOS.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Former NXT beard here, I may be able to shed some light on that. You see, the reason that most, if not all, of us "turn" on a certain character, is that we have a need to see something new every so often. What happened with Cena, Orton, etc, is what I like to call the SOS (or Same Old Shit) effect. Characters we've seen a million times recycled in thousands of colors with hundreds of faces. I knew Bayley was destined for this since from the first time I saw her. The way to counteract this would be to do some, what I like to call, Undertakering...Simply tweaking the gimmick or moveset a bit when you notice the crowd growing bored, is enough to stave off SOS.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Seems very entitled to turn on someone simply because they have hits. It's like going to a concert and wanting new music, not everyone has seen them live before and want to see the stuff they've seen on TV, same old shit got over for a reason.

Not hating, just stating.

MD.

Reaction score
We haven't seen nearly enough of her to say really. She seems pretty keen to work with upcoming talent as opposed to burying everybody, as she's announced an interest to even work with Eva Marie, and that's awesome. That's what the champion of the developmental division should be doing, leading by example and working with all talents to make it a better place. It's not something that you saw Cena do a lot of, best example being The Nexus, and it drew a lot of heat. Plus Cena was pushed way beyond his wrestling capability and it rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
That's what Cena's entire US run was about. Is it his fault that only Kevin Owens was able to gain traction after he made a lot of guys look like they could beat the 15 time champ.

Nexus was booked the way it was because outside of Barrett, everyone absolutely sucked. Are we supposed to be ok with Michael Tarver and David Otunga being portrayed as equals to Cena, Edge and Jericho?

MD.

Reaction score
Nexus was booked the way it was because outside of Barrett, everyone absolutely sucked. Are we supposed to be ok with Michael Tarver and David Otunga being portrayed as equals to Cena, Edge and Jericho?

No way, Daniel Bryan and Justin Gabriel were awesome on their own, Young and Slater needed some work but were interesting, Tarver and Otunga could have been really great given the time and Ryback is.. Ryback I guess. Nexus could have been great but it was used as another stepping stone to greatness for Cena.

That's what Cena's entire US run was about. Is it his fault that only Kevin Owens was able to gain traction after he made a lot of guys look like they could beat the 15 time champ.

Yeah I agree with that, he's made a really big fan out of me this year. Quality matches against guys who needed the recognition. It's definitely a step in the right direction, Bayley's title reign included if it turns out to be anything like Cena's US title run.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't see what Justin Gabriel offered other than being generic flipper #27472 in the business. He had one spot that got over, certainly wasn't him. And Daniel Bryan was never really Nexus outside of the initial debut. Another of his happy accidents that got him over than just what he could do in ring would ever do.

Anyways, Nexus were essentially rookies, and they were supposed to best guys with a hundred championships between them? How does that make sense?

That would be like Billy Kidman beating Hogan, nobody cared, because they didn't care about Billy Kidman.

MD.

Reaction score
Anyways, Nexus were essentially rookies, and they were supposed to best guys with a hundred championships between them?

They weren't supposed to go that over, in kayfabe they should've been a group of thugs who hijacked the shows until they got some attention, in reality Nexus was an opportunity for eight new guys to get used to the WWE style and having so many guys in one faction meant that they had each over to lean on and weren't just thrown into the deep end and expected to perform. And nobody cared about Billy Kidman but people did care about The Nexus, there's a number of ways that they could've gone over in that SummerSlam match, and they actually played out a lot of them. Things like Edge and Jericho turning on the team or Cena taking a DDT onto the concrete. They were built as a well functioning union while the WWE team was full of egos. the whole storyline was leading up for the Nexus team winning and that's what bothers me really.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Didn't Daniel Bryan tap out two members before being eliminated? Only one who should've been pushed was in that match IMO.