• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bayley being buried

Redboy123@

The last year and a half, Bayley has been booked fantastically. During that time she has been a dominant champion, created a well defined character, put on some great matches and had a great fued with Sasha Banks. This proved that WWE could book Bayley and tell effective long term stories.

Gotta give WWE credit but now I got to slate them. Last week Bayley lost to Natalya clean, which makes me question...can WWE book any female well outside of the title scene?

No they cannot. First of all Bayley should still be in the title scene. She was champion for a year and a half, she should still want win back her title. She also has a relationship with both Carmella and Sasha, so she should be pulling the strings and aligning herself with Carmella and call her 'my new best friend'. There's so much to work with. Why isn't she involved in Carmella vs Sasha?

Instead she is losing matches and being the first elimination at Survivor Series. Why is Bayley being buried?

Really poor from WWE

Crash

Bayley had a lot more heat and momentum going than Sasha does. Also Sasha cant be a face she's way too unlikable, I don't get where they are going with this.

Redboy123@

Bayley had a lot more heat and momentum going than Sasha does. Also Sasha cant be a face she's way too unlikable, I don't get where they are going with this.
Sasha is the champ and has guaranteed ppv matches and main event storylines. What does Bayley have going for her? She lost the title, lost the rematch, got eliminated first at SS, no longer in the title scene, lost to Natalya clean, hasn't won a match since August, will lose to Bianca and has lost all previous established character and motivation. In what way does Bayley have more heat and momentum then Sasha? She objectively doesn't.

Sasha just beat fucking Asuka as well. I think what you mean is you just like Bayley more.

Crash

Sasha is the champ and has guaranteed ppv matches and main event storylines. What does Bayley have going for her? She lost the title, lost the rematch, got eliminated first at SS, no longer in the title scene, lost to Natalya clean, hasn't won a match since August, will lose to Bianca and has lost all previous established character and motivation. In what way does Bayley have more heat and momentum then Sasha? She objectively doesn't.

Sasha just beat fucking Asuka as well. I think what you mean is you just like Bayley more.

Nah, I said she HAD more momentum and heat, not anymore I know...

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Unfortunately, that is what WWE does nowadays. They have a wrestler dominate for a long time and once that dominant streak is over, they turn that wrestler into a joke.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
They choose when to do this though. For example, The Fiend/Bray Wyatt is still a main eventer and doesn’t need a title. Braun Strowman is still a main eventer and doesn’t need a title. AJ styles is still a main eventer and doesn’t need a title. Randy Orton is still a main eventer and doesn’t need a title. I guess the point is that they choose who they want to have the spotlight, even if they’re not champion on a massive winning spree. While I agree that WWE does use the same kind of cycle over and over, this doesn’t mean they don’t have other big stars. Maybe they stopped trusting bayley because of other reasons we don’t know about? Pissed off the wrong people? Maybe she doesn’t want the main events and stressful lifestyle anymore? Maybe she wasn’t selling stuff well as heel or face and they’re not giving her a shot right now? Who know?

Redboy123@

Unfortunately, that is what WWE does nowadays. They have a wrestler dominate for a long time and once that dominant streak is over, they turn that wrestler into a joke.
They choose when to do this though. For example, The Fiend/Bray Wyatt is still a main eventer and doesn’t need a title. Braun Strowman is still a main eventer and doesn’t need a title. AJ styles is still a main eventer and doesn’t need a title. Randy Orton is still a main eventer and doesn’t need a title. I guess the point is that they choose who they want to have the spotlight, even if they’re not champion on a massive winning spree. While I agree that WWE does use the same kind of cycle over and over, this doesn’t mean they don’t have other big stars. Maybe they stopped trusting bayley because of other reasons we don’t know about? Pissed off the wrong people? Maybe she doesn’t want the main events and stressful lifestyle anymore? Maybe she wasn’t selling stuff well as heel or face and they’re not giving her a shot right now? Who know?
I dont think it's anything to do with them no longer trusting Bayley. It's just that when you look at the mens division there are loads of feuds going on so wrestlers like Orton and AJ remain hot. Womans division you got your title scene and that's it. Very lucky to get a secondary feud. So i think it's just the culture. Only woman that matter are the ones battling for the title. I suppose we have Bayley vs Bianca but they've done such a terrible job with Bayley, I couldn't care less.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
I dont think it's anything to do with them no longer trusting Bayley. It's just that when you look at the mens division there are loads of feuds going on so wrestlers like Orton and AJ remain hot. Womans division you got your title scene and that's it. Very lucky to get a secondary feud. So i think it's just the culture. Only woman that matter are the ones battling for the title. I suppose we have Bayley vs Bianca but they've done such a terrible job with Bayley, I couldn't care less.

You are absolutely correct about the women's roster being all about the title. It's too bad though because I think they deserve better.

Irwin R. Schyster

The Showoff
I have a biased reply, I suppose, but, I was never a fan of Bayley, so, I can't say that I am bothered by her booking at all. I hate her character, heel or face,