Battle of the Songs IV - Round 11 Song from a debut Album

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I couldn’t even begin to think about making a top 100. Having to take 100 artists and rank them seems daunting and I’d always feel like I forgot someone :lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Tbh where you rank a band doesn’t take away their status. For example, you can say you hate the Beatles but that doesn’t change the fact they’re the most famous band of all time.
what you also fail to understand is that many people don't give a fuck about status or popularity. also Beatles being the most popular band of all time is relative to its time and probably actually untrue at this point by todays metrics if were going to get all technical. Id be willing to bet shit like BTS has gotten more ears on it nowadays. music didnt have the international reach it does now. also theres like 2 billion + ppl on the asian continent so again, "most popular in the world" is relative to the west only

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The song gained a lot of popularity in the UK as it was on the soundtrack of Fifa 2003 which was the BIG Christmas game that year when everyone was getting a PS2
:WOW makes sense. obviously I fucking hate it for like a lot of reasons but I respect the choice :p. Always a fan of this kind of context though, sports game play is big. i also fail to see how the fuck that song fits in a sports game lmao

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
My argument was that Aerosmith is iconic and your counter was “I wouldn’t put them in my top 100” so I’m saying that you may not rank them high but they’re still iconic lol.

When why say for “opinions sake”?

You really do live to argue.

Also Wang and Mitch also commented but your not picking a fight with them…
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sabretooth

Reaction score
what you also fail to understand is that many people don't give a fuck about status or popularity. also Beatles being the most popular band of all time is relative to its time and probably actually untrue at this point by todays metrics if were going to get all technical. Id be willing to bet shit like BTS has gotten more ears on it nowadays. music didnt have the international reach it does now. also theres like 2 billion + ppl on the asian continent so again, "most popular in the world" is relative to the west only
I’m not saying you should care lmao. My comment about Dream On being a huge snub wasn’t directed toward you personally. Shit, how many people are in this competition. Like 25? It’s possible that all 25 people in this competition don’t share that opinion of the song but in GENERAL, Dream On is a very iconic song and I feel like the general population would consider it a snub lol

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I’m not saying you should care lmao. My comment about Dream On being a huge snub wasn’t directed toward you personally. Shit, how many people are in this competition. Like 25? It’s possible that all 25 people in this competition don’t share that opinion of the song but in GENERAL, Dream On is a very iconic song and I feel like the general population would consider it a snub lol

22 people

So that’s 22 artists
Aerosmith isn’t in the top 50 on Billboards or Rolling Stones top 100 of all time so there’s your popularity thingie

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
and again, the category isn't most popular song of all time, so I don't see how that's a snub. it's songs off a debut album. I'm not sure who or what you are arguing against sabs lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It's just cause ge said the word snub i guess lol people post songs they're shocked didn't get picked every round and don't get questioned

Sabretooth

Reaction score
22 people

So that’s 22 artists
Aerosmith isn’t in the top 50 on Billboards or Rolling Stones top 100 of all time so there’s your popularity thingie

Aerosmith are 59 on The Rolling Stones top 100

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
It's just cause ge said the word snub i guess lol people post songs they're shocked didn't get picked every round and don't get questioned
I fully understand the premise of his statement it's just that in this specific category it doesn't really apply

Sabretooth

Reaction score
and again, the category isn't most popular song of all time, so I don't see how that's a snub. it's songs off a debut album. I'm not sure who or what you are arguing against sabs lol
*sigh* I’m not arguing at all. I legit cannot say one thing without it becoming a whole fucking issue. I was surprised that Dream On wasn’t picked. That’s it man. Idk what else you want from me

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I fully understand the premise of his statement it's just that in this specific category it doesn't really apply

I read it as "I thought of this song but didn't pick it and I'm surprised no one else did" lol but he said snub so it became a thing

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I read it as "I thought not this song but didn't pick it and I'm surprised no one else did" lol but he said snub so it became a thing
well I mean ya, words in fact do change the meaning of things.