Battle of the Bands

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Lets have a tourney. Let's do a Battle of the Bands. Everyone likes music. Fun times.

Ground rules:

• It's going to be a 32 or 64 band tournament since it's March Madness. Probably 32. The 1 seeds get first round byes. Simple single elimination format.
  • No rappers. This is a Battle of the Bands, you can nominate any group so long they played instruments.
  • No single acts. They might have had a band, but the band was an afterthought. No Elvis, No Eric Clapton, No Chuck Berry, No James Brown. The Jimmi Hendrix Experience and Cream are acceptable though.
  • Judging criteria can be based on success, impact, innovation and basically who you liked more. Fuck objectivity if you please.
  • Nominated groups must be English speaking/singing groups. No fucking Sweedish Powermetal bands that don't scream English.
  • Don't turn matchup polls into fucking flame threads. Judging people by the music they listen to is as lame as dogging someone for the technology they use. To each their own and be fucking civil.
  • I would prefer bands that were established before 2000, there has to be a cut off. The 50 best years of Rock works ideally for this tourney.
  • The Beattles, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Metallica, The Rolling Stones and Nirvana are 6 of the 8 seeds. Why? Because 4 are widely considered the greatest bands ever. Metallica is the most important and successful metal band and Nirvana (as over rated as I find them) is the definitive band of the modern era of music. The last two 1 seeds will be voted in by being the top two Nominees. Obviously there is no need to Nominate the six Bands listed.

So...I am going to leave this open for one week. I will need help and I promise to devote attention and time to this so long there is participation. This can be big fun and get some stimulation in this place. So, everyone can I get some feedback on active participation? Tell me if this is a pipe dream or something we can really do, I'd love to get the Nomination thread up ASAP and if you would like to be a helping hand, please throw your hat in the ring.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
The Doors
Queen
Pink Floyd
Iron Maiden
Van Halen
U2
Bob Marley and the Wailers
ZZ Top
Aerosmith
Guns N Roses
The Beastie Boys
Rage Against The Machine
The Offspring
Nine Inch Nails
Black Sabbath
Incubus
Jimmy Eat World
Radiohead
Journey

Tons of others, but that's a good start. I'll let some others get a few noms in.