Batista warned WWE about face return and criticizes fans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Unfortunately social media is 100% about you the fan, you the user, your chance to speak into the megaphone. It's not going to get better any time soon, in fact, i only see it getting worse.

Reactions: Nero_x3

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Sure, so if we see a babyface we despise we're supposed to cheer him because he's supposed to be the face? If we see a guy who's terrible at everything being made a big star we're supposed to support him just because it's the company's plan? Lol, the fans dictate what the promotion books, not the other way around. The fans are the ones paying.

Reactions: Snowman1

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
He does realize that the fans are what pay to watch him?

Reactions: Snowman1

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I don't understand how any one could have honestly predicted a negative return for Batista, one of their biggest babyfaces of the PG era returns and people expect him to be booed? Just seems strange.
I agree with him to some extent on the fans. Well, not really, I just have a really deep-seeded hate for current WWE crowds because of Yes chants.
D'Z why do you hate Bryan so much? In most threads you mention your hate in some way. Or is it just the yes chants you hate? I don't remember you being this bad towards him pre-mania (could be wrong on that though)

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I don't understand how any one could have honestly predicted a negative return for Batista, one of their biggest babyfaces of the PG era returns and people expect him to be booed? Just seems strange.

I did. At the moment, in-ring skills are valued higher than ever before in WWE. 2013 was remembered for Bryan, The Shield, Orton, Punk, Rhodes bros, ADR, Real Americans, Ziggler, Usos, etc, putting on great matches on every episode of RAW & SD. Batista had never been a great worker. His performance in the Rumble was a joke, with that botched spear epitomising it. Since then he's showed that he's very unfit and very rusty in-ring. He doesn't deserve to be anywhere near WrestleMania, let alone the main-event.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

D'Z why do you hate Bryan so much? In most threads you mention your hate in some way. Or is it just the yes chants you hate? I don't remember you being this bad towards him pre-mania (could be wrong on that though)
I've never cared for his lame ass character, that has always been true, I was in a very small minority who shit on his WHC reign on SD. Now with the overexposure I am at my wits end with his overrated ass. I can't stand his lame ass kicks, his "hulking up" makes him look Blue, his look in general pisses me off, his terribly cringeworthy segments and worst of all his entitled fans add the cherry on the D'Z wants to see DB fuck off Sundae. Take a guy I never enjoyed and shove him down my throat and yea, my displeasure becomes a little more apparent.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
just give it a week and one or two of the newer members will bump one of the threads by accident.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I've never cared for his lame ass character, that has always been true, I was in a very small minority who shit on his WHC reign on SD. Now with the overexposure I am at my wits end with his overrated ass. I can't stand his lame ass kicks, his "hulking up" makes him look Blue, his look in general pisses me off, his terribly cringeworthy segments and worst of all his entitled fans add the cherry on the D'Z wants to see DB fuck off Sundae. Take a guy I never enjoyed and shove him down my throat and yea, my displeasure becomes a little more apparent.

Was just about to post this. With all the flaws with Bryan's character right now it's pretty incredible just how over the guy is.
The content of his promos would come across really lame if it came out of anyone else's mouth, he's stuck in the "WWE main event move loop" that fans have been bitching about for years. Surprising that us here in the IWC are able to overlook all of that, but we really aren't that hard to please.

Guess alot of it comes from his promos and matches being as good as they are despite those issues.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
"all the flaws in Bryan's character" - how many are there? I understand the minor things like being over-reliant on "yes" chants and dedicating whole segments to them, but other than that, he's being booked as any top face will be booked. I don't see many flaws with his character really, but the way WWE book faces. The exact same booking happened to CM Punk.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
are there any pros to his character? honestly. his wrestling is good, the rest is not.