Batista warned WWE about face return and criticizes fans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Batista recently spoke with The Washington Post to promote WrestleMania XXX. Below are some highlights:

Returning as a babyface:
“They told me that I was going to come back and be this huge babyface. I said, ‘no, it’s not going to work.’ They said, ‘no way, they’re dying for you to come back.’ I said, ‘that’s going to last two minutes, just watch.’ And sure enough it did.”

Fans hijacking the show:
“They used to want to interact with the show, but now the crowd almost wants to be the show. Well, if you wanna be the show, take your a– to wrestling school, just like I did, just like everybody else here who is busting their a– and actually become part of the show! Don’t just sit in the audience and try to randomly steal the show.”

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/batista-says...omments-on-fans-hijacking-shows#ixzz2xwpwVSEZ
Not sure I agree with his comment on fans, but I think the babyface situation was pretty obvious.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
I agree on both behalfs. The baby face thing didn't work he's a much better heel. As for the fans situation, I'd sat he hit the nail on the head with that on. The fans today a,ways want things the way they want. They only want what they want though, they won't let things play out the way they're planned to, and I see Batista's point on that and I can say he's not alone with the whole fans trying to change the show or be a part of it as being a bad thing. The YES movement/Occupy RAW garbage was more atrocious than the average divas segments.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Just him playing the heel.... right now the fan's backlash against him being there is the only thing keeping him there.... If the fan's accepted him with open arms when he returned it would have been boring.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Just him playing the heel.... right now the fan's backlash against him being there is the only thing keeping him there.... If the fan's accepted him with open arms when he returned it would have been boring.
They accepted him up until the Rumble victory, if he never won, he probably would've stayed a baby face but been stuck wherever,

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
They accepted him up until the Rumble victory, if he never won, he probably would've stayed a baby face but been stuck wherever,

That is true and a good point.... wouldn't it be funny if it is actually playing out exactly the way WWE planned it and the fans have been pawns all along. I'm beginning to think that may be exactly what is happening.... but maybe I'm giving too much credit to creative lol

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I agree with him to some extent on the fans. Well, not really, I just have a really deep-seeded hate for current WWE crowds because of Yes chants.

Reaction score
1. YOU DO NOT TELL THE AUDIANCE WHAT TO DO, THINK, FEEL JUST TO SUIT YOUR PERSONAL GOALS. I mean, possessive much?
2. A so called "professional" trying to deflect his frustrations with his career choice to those who don't deserve it probably shouldn't be called a professional
3. There is no excuse to be consumer hostile
They accepted him up until the Rumble victory,
I can't imagine why tha-*cough*overrated curtain jerker*cough*

The fans today a,ways want things the way they want. They only want what they want though, they won't let things play out the way they're planned to, and I see Batista's point on that and I can say he's not alone with the whole fans trying to change the show or be a part of it as being a bad thing.
oh yeah because wwe really are a bunch of creative progressive visionaries who are in it for the medium of Pro Wrestling as a whole and want to take it to places and heights that will finally make the world admit that it was wrong about this misunderstood little sub culture all along, for great justice

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
^Liked for "don't insult the fans". Of course fans want things the way they want, that's what makes them fans.

The fans nowadays aren't afraid to speak their minds. If WWE has a problem with it, the problem's with them, not us. Don't like CM Punk chants during filler mid-card crap? Make us care about the mid-card.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
1. YOU DO NOT TELL THE AUDIANCE WHAT TO DO, THINK, FEEL JUST TO SUIT YOUR PERSONAL GOALS. I mean, possessive much?
2. A so called "professional" trying to deflect his frustrations with his career choice to those who don't deserve it probably shouldn't be called a professional
3. There is no excuse to be consumer hostile
I can't imagine why tha-*cough*overrated curtain jerker*cough*

oh yeah because wwe really are a bunch of creative progressive visionaries who are in it for the medium of Pro Wrestling as a whole and want to take it to places and heights that will finally make the world admit that it was wrong about this misunderstood little sub culture all along, for great justice
You're forgetting the fact that WWE owns WWE, not the fans. If you don't like the product they are doing, then either stop watching it. You people don't run the company, yet they act as if they want to change it because they don't like it

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
You're forgetting the fact that WWE owns WWE, not the fans. If you don't like the product they are doing, then either stop watching it. You people don't run the company, yet they act as if they want to change it because they don't like it
because that is a time tested method to bringing more success and change to the company. Right.

Reactions: Snowman1

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
and that is relevant to what is happening in this case how exactly?
"because that is a time tested method to bringing more success and change to the company. Right." That remark.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
"because that is a time tested method to bringing more success and change to the company. Right." That remark.
So if I think WWE is shit I'm supposed to go back to watching mid-late 90's WCW?

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
So if I think WWE is shit I'm supposed to go back to watching mid-late 90's WCW?
No, you could just avoid the WWE product, I'm not saying that it's bad to want change, but Batista brings up a perfect point. If you want change so badly, go get into the business instead of chanting about it.

Reactions: Aids Johnson