Batista upset?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jonathas

Jobber
Reaction score
In an apparent response to Alberto Del Rio’s earlier Twitter comments that we posted, Batista tweeted the following this morning:

“Seems 2 me that some C level stars in a B level star era have bought into their own hype. Don’t turn a work into a shoot. #realitycheck”

Here’s what Del Rio wrote, a reference to Batista’s MMA debut in 2012:

“Really batista hahahahah. I’m the one wining all the major titles while u were getting ur ass kick by your plumber (Vince lucero) See u at the rumble. Like we say in #Mexico U can buy muscles but U can’t buy Huevos cabron”
http://dailywrestlingnews.com/batista-upset-already-free-seminars-eve-torres-todays-birthdays/

People are saying that Batista is REALLY upset. For me it's just to promote the ppv.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
There's rumors of ADR vs Batista happening at Elimination Chamber for whatever it's worth... so obviously a work. "C level stars in a B level star era" is such an accurate summation of things, though.

Guess we can bet ADR will be one of the first people Batista tosses out as soon as he hits the ring at the PPV.

Reactions: catlady

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
There's rumors of ADR vs Batista happening at Elimination Chamber for whatever it's worth... so obviously a work. "C level stars in a B level star era" is such an accurate summation of things, though.

Guess we can bet ADR will be one of the first people Batista tosses out as soon as he hits the ring at the PPV.
I see ADR pulling a Santino in the rumble...

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I see ADR pulling a Santino in the rumble...

lol Would be awesome. Especially given that ADR is the winner of the largest Rumble match in history.

I'd love to then hear Batista tell ADR the next night that he'd be better off if he stuck to wrestling people like Sin Cara instead of him.

Reactions: F.R.I.E

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
lol Would be awesome. Especially given that ADR is the winner of the largest Rumble match in history.

I'd love to then hear Batista tell ADR the next night that he'd be better off if he stuck to wrestling people like Sin Cara instead of him.
ADR's a good wrestler, no doubt about it. But, his career is kind of spiraling down. I don't know what's next for him.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
ADR's a good wrestler, no doubt about it. But, his career is kind of spiraling down. I don't know what's next for him.

I don't think he's completely terrible or anything but he can't seem to get over much with the audience for some reason. They gave him a Royal Rumble victory, WWE Title and WHC reigns, MITB, etc. and he still isn't any more over than he was shortly after he first arrived. At this point, I think it's best to just stick him in the IC and US Title pictures. Those belts are/were traditionally known as the workhorse titles and since ADR is at least a good in-ring worker, he could add to those divisions in that way. He's been talking about retiring sometime within the next 3-4 years anyways so no real point in continuously trying to build him into one of their top guys for the next several years.

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
I don't think he's completely terrible or anything but he can't seem to get over much with the audience for some reason. They gave him a Royal Rumble victory, WWE Title and WHC reigns, MITB, etc. and he still isn't any more over than he was shortly after he first arrived. At this point, I think it's best to just stick him in the IC and US Title pictures. Those belts are/were traditionally known as the workhorse titles and since ADR is at least a good in-ring worker, he could add to those divisions in that way. He's been talking about retiring sometime within the next 3-4 years anyways so no real point in continuously trying to build him into one of their top guys for the next several years.
I did like his rivalry with Swagger, though.

Grams and Ounces

The Artiste
Reaction score
Hey Batista, want lots of $$ come back and feud with .... Del Rio, seems a bit wasteful to me, surely he can go for someone bigger. But yeah, WWELogic.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I did like his rivalry with Swagger, though.

I hated it. He had some pretty good momentum building up with the Big Show feud and was actually getting pretty good reactions on his own (not just thanks to Ricardo) but the Swagger feud killed it for me and most others too, it seems. Mark Henry I still believe would have been a better opponent for him at Mania.

Hey Batista, want lots of $$ come back and feud with .... Del Rio, seems a bit wasteful to me, surely he can go for someone bigger. But yeah, WWELogic.

I'd usually criticize WWE for putting ADR into yet another important spot that he doesn't really seem to deserve, but it's just a throwaway squash feud to give Batista something to do until the build to Mania starts. I guess ADR fits that role as good as any other midcard/upper midcard heel.

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
I hated it. He had some pretty good momentum building up with the Big Show feud and was actually getting pretty good reactions on his own (not just thanks to Ricardo) but the Swagger feud killed it for me and most others too, it seems. Mark Henry I still believe would have been a better opponent for him at Mania.
I think with Colter being the Anti-Immigration buff, it made the storyline good.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
... At this point, I think it's best to just stick him in the IC and US Title pictures. Those belts are/were traditionally known as the workhorse titles and since ADR is at least a good in-ring worker, he could add to those divisions in that way. He's been talking about retiring sometime within the next 3-4 years anyways so no real point in continuously trying to build him into one of their top guys for the next several years.

Agreed,
There's no room for him up at the top anymore. ADR vs Ambrose or ADR vs Big E. would be quite the bout.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'm sure this is just a work. But still, this Batista/ADR thing will probably just feature Batista eliminating ADR immediately. If they go with this until the Chamber, well, I'm not a big Batista fan or anything but that would be wasting him at this point.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I'm sure this is just a work. But still, this Batista/ADR thing will probably just feature Batista eliminating ADR immediately. If they go with this until the Chamber, well, I'm not a big Batista fan or anything but that would be wasting him at this point.

Definitely would be wasting him, there's no need to use him in a storyline vs a guy who has barely been relevant since John Cena won the title from him back in late October. Personally I think a solid arc that wouldn't need too much time to play out would be Batista working on Dean Ambrose to get that US Title off of him.