Batista taking time off after ER?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Instead of The Shield as a whole taking Batista out, they should just have Reigns do it single-handely in the late stages of the match. Roman Reigns and Batista are the "enforcers" of their respective groups and the two most physically dominant men in the match, and having Reigns put Batista on the shelf himself (by spearing him through the stage like Ryback did to Cena last year, or off the ramp or something) would establish him as the dominant powerhouse. Then they could book Batista and Reigns against one another at Battleground in July and have Hunter cost Reigns the match to set up Reigns/HHH at Summerslam while Batista most likely goes on to challenge (and probably beat) Bryan for the championship. (Batista still hasn't received that championship rematch from Wrestlemania that was promised to him by The Authority, and they're obviously saving the one-on-one rivalry between Bryan and Batista for later.)

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Good riddance. He doesn't even need to come back if ya ask me.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Lol remember when everyone was excited about his return

Fuck Batista. Sadly he'll be back, a least for a bit. :okay:

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
That's for damn sure. They wasted a Royal Rumble on him and his presence in the main event at Mania was beside the point. Nobody on the current roster benefited at all from Batista's return. I guess we will see if the Shield get a slight rub from him in the form of the Evolution revival, but that remains to be seen and it is also a stretch at this point to think The Shield is getting much of a genuinely helpful rub from Batista even if they go over.

I think you're looking through the lens of a grown man (which I wouldn't anything less). Daniel Bryan made Batista tap out at WrestleMania and that is always a significant thing these days
It brings up the question of why didn't Orton eat the tap. A number of theories are obvious, but WWE felt Batista was the appropriate choice given the heat between the two dating to the Royal Rumble
It says a lot about Batista when you equate it all (3 months of Batista/Bryan heat >>> Nearly a year of Orton/Bryan heat). This proves Batista is a more valuable heel, and not because he's a fresh worker

He's been mishandled some, but not a waste. I'd like to thank Dave for being himself, the Royal Rumble ended awesomely because of it.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Bump with new news:

WWE rumors: Batista leaving WWE possibly due to lower pay said:
When CM Punk walked out on the WWE after the “Royal Rumble” pay-per-view, one of the reasons sources listed was money questions. With the WWE Network eliminating most of the pay-per-view bonuses, Punk felt that one large source of talent income was disappearing. According to PWS on Monday, one of the WWE rumors of why Batista is leaving the WWE early to start promoting “Extreme Rules” is because of money.
The early WWE rumors indicated that Batista was leaving because the WWE wanted him to lose to Daniel Bryan at “WWE Payback” in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match. With Batista tapping out to Bryan at “Wrestlemania 30” and then taking the pin to Roman Reigns at “Extreme Rules,” it seems that he was losing more than a star should. Rumor is that he felt losing again, to a smaller wrestler, would have him leaving looking weak.
Possibly the reason is a mixture of the two, an unwillingness to look weak as he heads out to promote “Guardians of the Galaxy” and the absence of the money he was promised when he agreed to return. The WWE rumors indicate that the money is “not great” at this time, and a lot of that comes from the WWE Network. While there are close to 700,000 subscribers, the WWE Network has caused other problems.

Link: http://www.examiner.com/article/wwe-rumors-batista-leaving-wwe-possibly-due-to-lower-pay

I think they have a typo there in the first paragraph about him taking time off early to promote "Extreme Rules". I assume they meant to say "Guardians of the Galaxy" instead.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I don't know, I'm not buying this. Why would they have Evolution get the heat back on the Shield if Batista's leaving?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
'cause maybe they're planning on bringing someone in, instead. ^

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
'cause maybe they're planning on bringing someone in, instead. ^
I don't know, if that was the case I'd either have the guy show up on this first attack, have the attack on another week or something. It's strange.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I don't know, I'm not buying this. Why would they have Evolution get the heat back on the Shield if Batista's leaving?

Probably because The Shield is gonna hit back now harder than ever, either on Smackdown or on next Monday's Raw, and end up putting Batista on the shelf as a result. Then again, Batista was only supposed to leave after jobbing to Bryan at Payback, so it's possible we're due for another Shield/Evolution match at the PPV where Batista can be written off with an "injury" there. Really don't like having consecutive PPVs with the same three marquee matches (since I assume we're also getting Cena/Wyatt III at Payback), though.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Probably because The Shield is gonna hit back now harder than ever, either on Smackdown or on next Monday's Raw, and end up putting Batista on the shelf as a result. Then again, Batista was only supposed to leave after jobbing to Bryan at Payback, so it's possible we're due for another Shield/Evolution match at the PPV where Batista can be written off with an "injury" there. Really don't like having consecutive PPVs with the same three marquee matches (since I assume we're also getting Cena/Wyatt III at Payback), though.
Having the same triple main event doesn't sound very good, yeah. I just found it weird because it seemed like after a clean victory by the Shield like that, if Batista was going to leave, they could have just had him go away (or have him take a big bump at the actual PPV, I don't know). It may end up that indeed Batista leaves but I find this strange.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
TBO the storyline he has been placed in isn't an easy one to drop and move on. If he leaves and makes a return later in the year it will be easy to start him again.