Batista still no.1 contender?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Judge Dredd

Reaction score
I'm not sure about you guys but i sure am sick of seeing Batista still chasing the WHC when he repeatedly loses. Once he lost to Undertaker at Wrestlemania he kept losing to him in his rematches, then when Edge "stole" the title off Undertaker, Batista kept losing to him and even had a last chance match at Vengeance. Yeah "last chance". Now Khali has the WHC and even though he does suck as champion Batista's still in the title hunt. C'mon WWE. If you've made the bloke lose time and time again why not give Kane the big push? WWE doesn't seem to be making sense at the moment or for the last couple of years actually.

So what i'm saying is that i'm interested in your thoughts/opinions on the matter. The question i put to you all is this:

Should Batista be or even still deserve to be in the title hunt or would you like to see someone else have a chance?

hbk4894

Reaction score
wwe thinks Batista is the only guy they have got on smackdown who should be a main event but that is wrong they have got mvp finlay hardy masters kane

Fatal 55

Reaction score
As gay as this may be... what u gyna do aout it... let's look at the facts!

Batista's the most over guy on SmackDown ATM so why not have him go for the title, they actually have a decent story about him where he keeps on getting screwed for the title...

Finlay's a Heel, so A Finlay - Khali feud isn't going to work.

Ric Flair as every1 knows is past his prime by a stretch, he's over but can u actually see him feuding with Khali... NO!

MVP... also a Heel & it's too early for him 2 be challenging for the title.

Kane has been jobbing all year so why would you put him in a world title feud. The credibility has gone & along with the fact that he lost cleanly to Khali @ the bash means he shouldn't now be feuding with him.

Matt Hardy... as much as u haters of Khali love to hype up Hardy & say he should've won the belt... GET A GRIP! Hardy is great no doubt about it but giving him the title at this time is ludicrous because he hasn't proved himself as a main eventer yet. There byding there time with him & also when he finnaly does win the title, it'll be really special like @ Wrestlemania 25 or something.

IMO Smackdown have done a great job of utilising the talent they have which is very minimal after the injury of edge. They should have Batista feud with Khali & win the title back, then Batista's going to continue the feud with Mark Henry, after that there's lots of diffrent directions you can go. You could give the title to Henry & have him then lose it to Taker when he comes back wich would set up Taker Vs Edge @ Mania. Or you could just keep the title on Batista untill both Taker & Edge come back & make it a triple threat.

Sorry if i've been ranting but i'm trying too make a point to you people who keep on bashing the WWE about what they did is worng. IMO they handled it the best they can even if we have a 7ft Oaf as champion.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Yes batista vs khali is the worste feud ever.WWE isnt using there heads... they need some younger raw talent like Matt Hardy,MVP,Finley.. they need to give it to 1 of those guys.Personally I think that Kane should get it.

I mean look the guy has bee nloyal to wwe for how long now? !5 years?I mean he's lost almost every feud he comes by now and days.And when he was wwe champion... it was only for 1 day! Seriously wtf is going on?Strap it on Kane not Batista and well all be happy

LKP

I think batista is the only choice on smackdown and credible champion.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
^ agree to that... since Kennedy, Booker and Lashley moves to Raw, and Edge and Taker was injured, Smackdown only got Batista as their top player... well... Rey will return but I think it isn't good to see a David vs. Goliath story between them lol....

LKP

I think rey will get shots at the title but only when edge returns.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
^ yeah! but please, don't face Mysterio with Khali for God's sake! WWE can possibly do those crazy things you know! lol....

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Yes batista vs khali is the worste feud ever.WWE isnt using there heads... they need some younger raw talent like Matt Hardy,MVP,Finley.. they need to give it to 1 of those guys.Personally I think that Kane should get it.

I mean look the guy has bee nloyal to wwe for how long now? !5 years?I mean he's lost almost every feud he comes by now and days.And when he was wwe champion... it was only for 1 day! Seriously wtf is going on?Strap it on Kane not Batista and well all be happy

Give me 1 reason why Kane deserves a title shot... & don't give me that loyalty crap because people like Val Venis & Hardcore Holly have been loyal aswell & where are they...!

You have 2 realise that WWE are doing the right thing in using Batista!

Please read my earlier post 2 get it in 2 ur head!

hbk4894

Reaction score
yes but sooner or later they need someone else like hardy or kane or flair

Beer Money Army

LOl Batista on PPV for every World Championship shot from Summerslam 2006- GAB 2007 he's been in... (WM 21-No mercy 2005) To.....

From a Span of 2005... Batista Has been in a world championship on the Smackdown brand or Double brand only(i didnt included the PPVs that didnt have championship world matches)on (Royal Rumble 2005, Royal Rumble 2006, no way out 2006, WM 22, Judgment day 2006, GAB 2006)

All i have to say that is selfish and not great from the creative team as there are other top candidates and are very much better than batista

why doesn't Smackdown Mix it up a bit mayb 4 way or even an Elmination Chamber match.

I can't stand watching batista no more that is why i fast forward most of the time.... because face i ain't going waste my time....

Khali Vs Batista vs kane Vs Finlay Vs Matt hardy vs MVP

Khali Vs Batista vs kane Vs Finlay

It will keep all the damn focus off batista....

He isn't that great.... He's just an ultimate Warrior/Ahmed Johnson Wannabe.....

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I knew it, I said it from when Edge announced he was dropping the title that it would happen. Kane gets screwed and Batista gets back in the picture.