Barrett injured at Smackdown tapings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
WWE Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett suffered an apparent shoulder injury at tonight’s SmackDown tapings in Pittsburgh in a post-match segment after facing Dean Ambrose.

We’ve received conflicting reports on whether or not the referee actually threw up the “X” symbol and if Barrett was helped to the back by medics but our correspondents agree that he was clearly in pain. Fans heard Barrett repeating “F bombs” on his way to the back. We’ve also learned that Jack Swagger may have been involved in the injury and that Barrett took a hard fall on the shoulder.

Source: PWMania

Damn, hopefully he'll be able to compete at MITB. If he can't who would take his spot? I'd say Bo Dallas.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Ya'll already know who would be my fill in :p
Sucks though, even though he most likely wasn't going to pull down the briefcase.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Injury confirmed by WWE doctors. It's a separated shoulder

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Didn't Swagger ruin Ziggler's push too? BNB was a contender to win the briefcase.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Didn't Swagger ruin Ziggler's push too? BNB was a contender to win the briefcase.
Swagger did not ruin Barrett's push. Because Swagger does not have sole blame for this injury. He pushed Barrett into the guardrail, meaning how Barrett landed also becomes a factor, would be a different game is Swagger was slamming Barrett into it. Barrett also has a history of shoulder injuries and I even think this is the same shoulder.

Same with Ziggler. Swagger giving him a concussion did not derail his push, as he came back more over than ever. What happened post the Big E/AJ feud derailed Ziggler's push. Swagger was a factor, but should not receive sole blame.

And it's not like Swagger is known to injure people. He's injured two guys (Zigs and Barrett) in fluke/accidental ways at inopportune moments.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Same with Ziggler. Swagger giving him a concussion did not derail his push, as he came back more over than ever. What happened post the Big E/AJ feud derailed Ziggler's push. Swagger was a factor, but should not receive sole blame.

The kick to the head caused Ziggler to miss the 1st PPV of his title reign. Clearly that affected his push as it meant his reign got off to the worst possible start. Also, WWE are wary of guys who have suffered from concussion - one of the reasons Zig is not getting pushed now apparently.

Stopspot

Reaction score
The kick to the head caused Ziggler to miss the 1st PPV of his title reign. Clearly that affected his push as it meant his reign got off to the worst possible start. Also, WWE are wary of guys who have suffered from concussion - one of the reasons Zig is not getting pushed now apparently.
Still don't see how Swagger ruined it. Accidents happen after all. And if WWE was high on Dolph back then they would have found a way to salvage that reign (which they tried with the double turn). Without a doubt Swagger injuring him was a factor, but no way should the guy get full blame for another guys push going in the can. Especially for a freak accident. By that logic Big Show and Dolph should have the blame for injuring Barrett the first time he separated his shoulder and "ruining" his push back in 2011-2012.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Damn it Swagger, you're useless filler brother. Can't you at least be careful? A bit? :dawg:
Just joking, things happen. But yeah, if he misses a lot of time or misses out on a big push over this it would suck. Especially if he has to surrender the belt.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Really looked forward to see him get that push, but yah wrestling is at the end a contact sport / entertainment, so shit happens :(

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I guess this must be some "bad news" for Barrett, eh? Eh?

Anyway, here's hoping he's able to make a hasty recovery before the PPV on Sunday. He's actually my top pick for winning the briefcase along with Rollins/Ambrose.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I know nothing about these wrestling injuries but hopefully he can somehow recover soon. If he can't make the PPV, I say that they should add "The Inspirational" Bo Dallas. I'm losing count of how many victories he has but I'm assuming it's... [HASHTAG]#SevenandBo[/HASHTAG]

And he'll make it [HASHTAG]#EightandBo[/HASHTAG] at MITB.