Baron Corbin

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Corbin has two of the best moves right now with The End of days and The deep six.....Also his new entrance is killer as well

Those two moves are great. Especially the End of Days. I remember seeing it in NXT for the first time when he debuted and instantly loving it.

As for his entrance, I think I'd instantly like him if he came out riding a motorcycle like Taker did when he used to be American Badass.

Reactions: Jazzwazza

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Those two moves are great. Especially the End of Days. I remember seeing it in NXT for the first time when he debuted and instantly loving it.

As for his entrance, I think I'd instantly like him if he came out riding a motorcycle like Taker did when he used to be American Badass.
Yeah, the motorcycle would be a nice addition with a leather jacket or vest.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yeah, the motorcycle would be a nice addition with a leather jacket or vest.

Aye.

Also, he's used this before and I thought it was pretty cool:
tumblr_o5fhlrOPn31snmvb8o1_500.png

tumblr_o5fhlrOPn31snmvb8o2_500.png

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...so I will admit I've had a big change of opinion on Corbin in the last
few weeks...and most of it has to with the fact that his booking was really
hurting him.

I think his excellent chairs match with Kalisto at TLC was a turning point for him
and hopefully SmckDown will give him a big "Strowman-like" push in 2017.

There is something that works about Corbin...he has a nasty, arrogant attitude,
size and power and a somewhat dirty and sleazy look to him. The idea of him
only caring about hurting people and making money doing it is an interesting
angle that could make him a different kind of champion in the future.

Say he (in future) wins the IC title...instead of viewing it as an honor to hold the
belt...he uses it as "bait" to lure in bigger names on the roster for him to crush
and conquer...and therefore get a bigger paycheck. He simply comes out, lays
the IC title in the ring and says "Come and take it!" It could be like a thug/gang
version of United States Open Challenge.

This in turn brings him into more conflict with Daniel Bryan/Shane McMahon who
begin to stack the odds against Corbin by bringing in new recruits (Debuting NXT
Talent) as well as possibly some of the 205 Live Cruiserweights...but no matter what
they do...Corbin stands tall. Give him a dominate and impressive run with the title
so when a face finally takes him down...its a big moment.

Again...just thinking out loud here...

Reactions: Gman003

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Yes...that skull vest jacket is/was fantastic...
Why did he ever stop wearing that?!...It goes right along with his lone wolf gimmick!
If I had to guess...its a PG rating issue...I mean...I think its cool...but the idea
of a wrestler wearing the bones of dead animals is a little morbid. Its something
we are more likely to see in Game of Thrones...

The Lord of Bones:
latest

Or a Predator film...

Berserker Predator:
attachment.php

Reactions: The Phenom

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Honestly, Baron Corbin, while he shouldn't have the World belt on him yet, as he still needs to fine-tune his mic skills and smoothing his ring work a bit more would be great, but he has shown a lot of potential. He and Kalisto made a chairs match pretty solid and they actually made the stipulation entertaining. I also watched him vs Ziggler last week and they put on a solid match. They aren't feuding forever, the Championship implications added stakes and they had enough of a break from their last match to have a good encounter. We'll see how the lone wolf goes.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Baron Corbin has huge main-event potential. WWE champion? Not for another year at least, I think he'd be a great IC champion.

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
His big push was about to start at Survivor Series, but they took him out of Smackdown's team because they felt like adding Shane would increase ticket sales(which it did I'm sure).
Looks like he's starting to get his push now. Definitely will be a Intercontinental Champion before 2018, perhaps will get more WWE Championship matches too.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Guess we will get our first taste of if Baron Corbin can hold his own at the Main Event level tomorrow.. I'm still curious to see how John Cena is going to factor in during his return, will he make his presence felt during that match in particular?

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Baron corbin just has that natural feel to him. His gimmick works perfectly and nothing feels forced.
I caught his match at nxt takeover dallas I believe it was. And from the second I saw him I liked him. Hoped he would win that match.
Then the next night at wrestlemania he was in the Andre the giant battle royal and he was only on screen for a second as they all came out to the ring and again I said I hope he wins this. I doubt he will but I hope. Low and behold he won it!
I've been a big fan of him and really hope he gets to wear a belt.
I haven't seen smackdown the past 2 weeks (I'll have to catch the replay on Saturday) so idk the outcome of their triple threat. But yeah I hope he wins a title soon.

Like I said he's just such a natural character it feels like that's his normal self.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
He has a bright future. He's big. Quick. A good heel. Easily gets heat. And it seems like he's being himself. He's good enough in the ring and on the mic to have a bright future

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
He has a bright future. He's big. Quick. A good heel. Easily gets heat. And it seems like he's being himself. He's good enough in the ring and on the mic to have a bright future
And that's the key word...Future...performers like Baron Corbin are the future of
the WWE so they should be given every opportunity early on so they can develop
quickly and establish themselves as stars.

Give is 4 or 5 years and who can tell...may-be it will be Baron Corbin vs. Big Cass
for the World Title at Wrestlemania.

I know Vince would at least like that match...
:p

Reactions: edge4ever