Baron Corbin

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
TqYblUo.jpg

I haven't been following very closely recently, so have I missed something regarding Baron Corbin?
Seems like he's gone from losing to Kalisto and generally being a jobber to now being a main event, championship contender.
Did they really just throw him in the mix at the top?

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I haven't been following very closely recently, so have I missed something regarding Baron Corbin?
Seems like he's gone from losing to Kalisto and generally being a jobber to now being a main event, championship contender.
Did they really just throw him in the mix at the top?

There's been talk he got added in to make it a Triple Threat to take the workload off of AJ Styles that he would endure in a 1v1 w/ Dolph.. AJ has some lingering effects from that injury is the reason I suppose.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Gotcha. I guess he's there to take the pin as well.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
You've missed out on a kickass match against Kalisto at TLC, which Corbin won.

Other than that, they haven't been using him a whole lot.

Now, he's sort of been inserted into the WWE title picture in order to be tested, as well as to take the workload off of AJ Styles a little bit.

The triple-threat (Styles vs Ziggler vs Corbin) is set for next week and it's a must-see episode of SmackDown Live.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Gotcha. I guess he's there to take the pin as well.

Or set up the pin.. I could see Baron taking out Dolph and then AJ hitting him with the Styles Clash into a pinfall or Dolph visa versa with Baron (but most likely the Beast conquering the showoff)

Reactions: Prince Bálor

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Nah, Ziggler's there to take the pin. Corbin will most likely be protected, I reckon, 'cause they probably have big plans for him in 2017.

I'm interested to see now that they're ending 2016 with this Booking for him what more is in store.. Baron is an asset and so long as he doesn't lose touch with his character he should have a spot on the roster and even in the main event scene at points for at least a few years guaranteed.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Good to know, I do like Corbin even if he hasn't been booked too well before.

His booking hasn't been exactly great, but he's not relegated to being a jobber, either.

Seriously, though. Check out that Chairs match at TLC. Corbin and Kalisto put on a pretty darn good and enjoyable match.

And this is coming from a guy who isn't really into Corbin.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'm interested to see now that they're ending 2016 with this Booking for him what more is in store.. Baron is an asset and so long as he doesn't lose touch with his character he should have a spot on the roster and even in the main event scene at points for at least a few years guaranteed.

Agreed.

And if I had to take a guess, I would say he's going to win the IC title in early 2017.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Agreed.

And if I had to take a guess, I would say he's going to win the IC title in early 2017.

I can see that after Miz and Dean finish their whole thing. I'd be more interested in a Dean vs Baron then Miz vs Baron.. I'm curious how this will play out. Will Dean go over Miz at some point? Or do you book Miz over Dean and make Dean look honestly probably the weakest since he's appeared.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I can see that after Miz and Dean finish their whole thing. I'd be more interested in a Dean vs Baron then Miz vs Baron.. I'm curious how this will play out. Will Dean go over Miz at some point? Or do you book Miz over Dean and make Dean look honestly probably the weakest since he's appeared.

I feel like The Miz will be going over, but I am not 100% certain.

I don't think Ambrose will look weak, tbh. I feel like he needs to revitalize himself by turning heel. Then again, there aren't many babyfaces on SD's roster. So, Idk what to think here.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I feel like The Miz will be going over, but I am not 100% certain.

I don't think Ambrose will look weak, tbh. I feel like he needs to revitalize himself by turning heel. Then again, there aren't many babyfaces on SD's roster. So, Idk what to think here.

Tye Dillinger & Shinsuke could become their two newest baby faces (Less Shinsuke prlly) which would definitely leave room for Dean to have a heel turn.

Reactions: Jazzwazza

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Tye Dillinger & Shinsuke could become their two newest baby faces (Less Shinsuke prlly) which would definitely leave room for Dean to have a heel turn.

I'd be down for that.

But, I have this feeling Nakamura will be going to RAW and Samoa Joe will be heading to SD. I want them both on SD, though!

As for Tye, I really like the dude. But, he's Tyler Breeze 2.0 - he's a good wrestler, has a gimmick that is stupidly over (in a good way) yet the company won't do anything substantial with him.

I hope I'm wrong about it, but I doubt he'd be booked as one of the top babyfaces on the roster.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Corbin has two of the best moves right now with The End of days and The deep six.....Also his new entrance is killer as well

Reactions: Prince Bálor